2 6.5" In Each Door?

Been searching the forum and looks like we can fit 2 6.5's in each door?

Alpine type x 6.5" SPX-17REF

Polk Audio MOMO MM6

Focal 165 V1

I have 150rms per pair power to work with for the door speakers.

I want something clear and loud. Doesn't have to have much bass as I have 4 10's for that. I mainly listen to metal and rock, but an occasional country song here and there as well.

Now is there any benefit in getting a little bit cheaper set like say $150 each and get 2 pairs and have 2 in each door? Or just get one little bit better quality set? I'm running 4 PG radial SD 10" under the back seat in a sealed box. Back seat is lifted up 2". I'm running the stock BOSE cd player with an rEQ for now. Will be upgrading to a Alpine DVD or cd player when I purchase the components. Guy at the stereo shop is trying to talk me into a Kenwood CD player (KDC-X693). I've only ever had Alpine cd players and had great luck with them and great sound quality.

Hey man, I've had Alpine Type R 6.5 components and they sound good, but I did have problems with them overtime. Components won't blow with a good signal and good eq (gains not cranked too high), but my Alpines did. I think the Polk MOMO speaks look really good and have heard great things about them. Overall, I really have been impressed with Focal. Hands down, I think they are the best. I am running Kicker SS components, which are actually really loud and pretty clean but I would like to upgrade to Focal one day!

Edited by 04LIGHT (see edit history)

I run all Alpine. I crank the hell out of the volume and have not had 1 problem. I have the 6.5 components in the kick panels, 6.5 in the doors and 4x6 plates in the rear doors. They are crisp and sound great. You will get alot of opinions on what brand to run. Remember opinoins are like A-holes everone has one. What ever speaker you decide to use, make sure you have a good quality clean running amp. Check out the THD's (total hormonic destortion) on the amp specs. Lower the better. Distortion is the killer.

Hawkman, which alpines do you have? Type R? The 4x6 must be type s correct? I have not found any other alpine 4x6 other than the type s. I have only ever ran Alpine and PG. Never had 1 problem with anything alpine. I am open to trying something different though. I'm watching a set of Focals on ebay right now so we'll see what happens in the next day.

Hawkman, which alpines do you have? Type R? The 4x6 must be type s correct? I have not found any other alpine 4x6 other than the type s. I have only ever ran Alpine and PG. Never had 1 problem with anything alpine. I am open to trying something different though. I'm watching a set of Focals on ebay right now so we'll see what happens in the next day.

Yes you are correct. I have been running Alpine for many many years and never had to replace anything. I just stick with what works and sounds great. If it will hold up to my abuse then thats what I will stick with.

Focal are badass!

Polk SR will suprise the hell out of you, I run them in my car with 300watts per side

in my truck i run MTX TXC 6.1's and love the hell out of them with 300 watts per side as well.

to answer, can you fit 2 6.5 inch woofers in each door, anything is possible. i say deaden the hell out of the door, power them with as much power as you can afford, and a single 6.5 in each door will knock your socks off. the added benefit of runnin dual midbass and the costs involved, you could just buy more power and be just as happy.

ALTHOUGH i do have a set of 5.25's in my kick pannels as well for midbass.

here is my front stage set up.

MTX 6.0 in the doors

MTX 5.1 midbass driver in the kick panels

MTX 4.1 in the dash for right, center and left. look at the link below to see what I am talkin about.

Enjoy and post pics!

Focal are badass!

Polk SR will suprise the hell out of you, I run them in my car with 300watts per side

in my truck i run MTX TXC 6.1's and love the hell out of them with 300 watts per side as well.

to answer, can you fit 2 6.5 inch woofers in each door, anything is possible. i say deaden the hell out of the door, power them with as much power as you can afford, and a single 6.5 in each door will knock your socks off. the added benefit of runnin dual midbass and the costs involved, you could just buy more power and be just as happy.

ALTHOUGH i do have a set of 5.25's in my kick pannels as well for midbass.

here is my front stage set up.

MTX 6.0 in the doors

MTX 5.1 midbass driver in the kick panels

MTX 4.1 in the dash for right, center and left. look at the link below to see what I am talkin about.

Enjoy and post pics!

Chris I have allways loved your set up brother :thumbs:

IMO hands down best components are polk audio sr6500 i have seen many critics review these and all said that doesnt matter how much more you spend you cant buy a better speaker! Polk has the highest quality control standards of any manufacturer and thats not just me saying it.

IMO hands down best components are polk audio sr6500 i have seen many critics review these and all said that doesnt matter how much more you spend you cant buy a better speaker! Polk has the highest quality control standards of any manufacturer and thats not just me saying it.

I agree, but i cant say that outloud, my MTX sponsors might get mad. although I do have these in my car. when i want a FUN system to beat on, i listen to the truck. but if i wanna hear what music is supposed to sound like, and all the Nuances, I head to my car. OH did I mention the car won USAC pro SQ division a few years back?? yeah, that sits in my driveway on the trickle charger too...

I am out of outlets outside. i need a power strip to plug all this shit into...