Infiniti Fx35

Stitches040

Hey All ...

Just seeing if anyone on here has an Infiniti FX35?

My Ghetto Hooptie (1998 P71 Crown Vic - Police Interceptor) has seen better days. This will most likely be her last winter. Engine is strong, but the body is falling apart, thanks to New England road salt winters. I will run her until she dies ... but in the mean time, I need to make a game plan.

Seeing that my SSS is payed off. I am looking into getting a new DD. The wife really likes the look of the Infiniti FX35. (Black with Chrome, of course.) If we go this route, she'd get the Infiniti and I'd get her 07 Denali as a DD. This is not an etched in stone decision as of yet, because I still am leaning towards a sports sedan of some sort. And if anyone has a nicely used one, please let me know.

I'm just seeing if anyone has anything to report on this vehicle. Any pros?? ... Any cons??

Something like this ...

00.jpg

06.jpg

02.jpg

15.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Id have to agree on the size...my girlfriends mother drives one and there is little to no cargo room. However, if thats not an issue theyre great cars. If i was looking to get a small suv and not worried about the cargo room id let the wife keep the denali and scoop up a TBSS :driving:

IMO there are much better small SUVs out there. My boss had one and they could not even put 2 large suit cases in the back

We have a full size Denali and Silverado for big trips. Plus the wife only really drives around locally.

The FX35 is a great looking SUV, but as said above they lack on room/storage. If I were to buy an Infinity I would get the QX56. It's more comparible to the Denali. My sister has the the QX56 and loves it.

This is too big ... We have a full size Denali ... Plus my buddy in DC has one, he likes it, but he says its nothing over the top.

Id have to agree on the size...my girlfriends mother drives one and there is little to no cargo room. However, if thats not an issue theyre great cars. If i was looking to get a small suv and not worried about the cargo room id let the wife keep the denali and scoop up a TBSS :driving:

My mother-in-law has a Envoy. I know it's not a TBSS, but hate the way it drives. I hate the shifter and stuff.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

My wife got an FX35 as a loaner car while her g35 was in the shop so I took it out for a spin. I thought it was a pretty cool little ride. I wouldn't mind having one. If I was going to get an FX I'd go for the 50 though. Its got almost 400 HP and AWD. You can get the 35 in AWD too but its only has 300 HP, but its also about fourteen thousand cheaper too. Overall my wife's Infiniti has been great. Had almost no problems with it. I think the worst thing was a recall on the headlights that the dealership called us about. We couldn't even see a difference after they switched them.

Actually. ... I am amazed at how well they hold their value. If we are to get one, it would be a used two or three year old model.

The FX35 is perfect for the wife though, 300hp and the AWD. Not to mention its about 14k cheaper then the FX45 and FX50.

Posted from my Droid ...

My nieghbors had that same Infiniti suv, and they traded it in for a BMW X5. I honestly do not know why, but maybe have your wife test drive the X5 or X3 as a comparison. Hope this helps a little bit, sorry I do not know the reason for their change from Infiniti to BMW.

What about the new GMC Terrain. they look pretty good IMO. Unless you are not looking for a new car then this won't be much help.

2010 GMC Terrain

did you happen to see the new GMC Granite concept from the Detroit Auto Show this year? Thats what I want.......

check it out: http://www.insideline.com/gmc/granite/gmc-...-auto-show.html

real different looking but the front end is very menacing

Edited by Stg313 (see edit history)

I had an FX45. It was the best vehicle I have ever owned! It never had any problems. It was comfortable, an absolute blast to drive, and had enough room to accommodate 4 adults very comfortably. Honestly, I wish I had never sold it. IMO, you can't go wrong with an Infiniti FX.