Ok Guys My Turn

mcmahan

Justin you gonna run the 6.0 or a different engine???

On a side note (if i can hijack for a second) what would one suggest a turbo size if to be used on a 408 in a DD and not wanting to spin higher then 6200rpm and also towing up to 4k-5k lbs?

Edited by black00chev (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note (if i can hijack for a second) what would one suggest a turbo size if to be used on a 408 in a DD and not wanting to spin higher then 6200rpm and also towing up to 4k-5k lbs?

I am going to keep the LQ9

I was being sarcastic, hard to show on the net... I also have an STS kit, and it is running great, I get full boost at 3000rpm and makes for a great driver. mine has also towed 6000lbs on a 6-7%grade at 60 mph building 4# of boost with no problems, the grade is a little over a mile long. That was with minnimal throttle, I didn't want to go up the hill speeding.

sorry... yea its hard to read the sarcasm on here... i agree my kit is sweet... i love it....

Im selling the STS kit that i took off my wrecked Tahoe... comes with the msd boost a pump, 42# injectors, larger 67mm turbo everything need.... the inter-cooler was damaged so u will need to get a new one or u can straightin this one out... its only bent not punctured... asking $3500

Im selling the STS kit that i took off my wrecked Tahoe... comes with the msd boost a pump, 42# injectors, larger 67mm turbo everything need.... the inter-cooler was damaged so u will need to get a new one or u can straightin this one out... its only bent not punctured... asking $3500

pm sent sir

my 408 is now a 410 and im running a 76mm sts kit and once i get it all back togther i should be 850-900hp @ the wheels...

Well you came home alive didn't ya?!

yes sir Mr. Steve that I did survived combat a few times to but I am more confident in that part of my sweet skills than I am in my SSS skills lol

I was being sarcastic, hard to show on the net... I also have an STS kit, and it is running great, I get full boost at 3000rpm and makes for a great driver. mine has also towed 6000lbs on a 6-7%grade at 60 mph building 4# of boost with no problems, the grade is a little over a mile long. That was with minnimal throttle, I didn't want to go up the hill speeding.

lol, i just lol'd when i was reading ur post... also i agree with his sts kit running great, i drove it ONCE and it ran awesome!!! not that i gave it a lot of throttle or anything( :D ) but i felt like it WOULD run good :jester: ...

good luck on ur build, i plan on going turbo in the future also. once i get the finances back in order...

-Rob

Isnt it Doctors of Performance here in Michigan (a friend of Zippy's) that does those one off front mount turbo builds? And I think they even built blackyss turbo? You might be able to consult with them for advice or even get some parts from them. Also, keep your eyes open for a used livernois kit floating around or see if you can get some specs on those kits, they were pretty good with an upgraded turbo.

TJ Hellbents10 is his screen name. he has made more power than you would want with a JY block. I would hit him up for the tuning and advise, he is smart...I saw the GTO put down 800 on the dyno, man that was sweet.

Here is what I have been looking at:

KBracing front mount T-6 kit $1600ish

T-6 turbo (BW box unit) $6-700ish

Injectors $300-selling my 42's

Fuel Pump ???

Intercooler

Meth set up

misc piping for cold side

BOV

WasteGate (been looking at used turbonetics gates, good price and product)

A little exhaust work

Tuning or a tuner close to you

a wideband for tuning

Extra stuff I already had:

cam

conveter

x link

90mm TB

Good luck. I have not priced out going the trick route but I bet its similar. alot of guys are selling kits to go TVS so you might find a complete set up for less than buying the seperate parts.

I think a T-6 + Big stall= fast truck