Learning To Fly...

BlueAKSSS

Just did my first solo flight on Wednesday! So far I've got 9 hours total since I started taking lessons earlier this month. It's fun and exciting every time, I've just got to work on my radio calls to the tower lol. :) Any of you guys pilots or do any flying?

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

My father and grandfather flew, but the most I have done is traveled in them or jumped out of them :jester:

It always interested me, but it's just too expensive and I don't have the time. Maybe one day though.

Congrats on the first solo flight man :cheers:

Do you have your own plane? My father had a little Cessna and a twin engine Beachcomber

my goal is to be a pilot for the army one day want to fly the apache I have flown in just about every military air craft we have its fun and I love it

Cool! I got to fly in a Blackhawk last year, that was pretty fun. :)

My father and grandfather flew, but the most I have done is traveled in them or jumped out of them :jester:

It always interested me, but it's just too expensive and I don't have the time. Maybe one day though.

Congrats on the first solo flight man :cheers:

Do you have your own plane? My father had a little Cessna and a twin engine Beachcomber

Thanks, no I don't have my own plane just renting a Cessna 172 so far, maybe one day I'll have the $$$ to buy one as long as the SS doesn't eat it first. :crackup:

Whatever happened to Falcon Pilot?

I looked up his username and he hasn't been on this site since 2006 from what I could tell.....

My buddy owns a Cirrus SR22 and I fly with him all the time. No I am not a pilot (yet) but I have learned a lot by flying with him. Once I am done with school I am going to work on getting my license.

I had the pleasure of flying in one of these about 5 months ago:

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

...I've just got to work on my radio calls to the tower lol...

gotta watch out for those FAA inspectors as well.

learned some crazy stuff about those tricky bastards during my aviation law course. in one instance, an inspector dressed up in overalls and drove a beater farm truck, just to play the part of a farmer and trick this dude into incriminating himself. unless you know who your are talking to for sure, watch what you say.

that course was very insightful.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)