Pics From Cam Install.

thomp62301

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys. As for the install I have never done a cam swap on an ls series engine before so I was going from pictures and video I have seen. I was planning on using the lifter holding tools per ls1howtwo's link. The marks were there but there were no holes so we played some Russian Roulet and luckly all worked out. With the low miles I figured the plastic retainers would hold but buy the time I put the pushrods in, 1 lifter on each side had slipped down onto the cam. So definitly don't want to screw around. When I installed the springs, I used my hose from my compression tester which has the same end on it as the air compressor, removed the valve core and screwed that in to the spark plug holes. Then used the valve spring tool from Crane Cams which by the way is the best tool by far in my opinion for swapping the springs since it does two at a time and will hold the springs down hands free while you install the retainers and keepers. Once I get all the pictures together, I would like to do a how-to specificly for the LS/LQ series pickups. Got a lot of tuning ahead of me now.

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)