Thinking About Selling Or Trading In Truck

hossram64

Im thinking about selling the truck I hate too, but with my first kid here and everything else going on it only makes the most sense. My question is how would I sell the truck if I still owed on the loan? Could I sell it third party or would I have to trade it in? Just not sure how this would work any insight would be gratefull. Thanks guys.

If you're asking about how to sell it without having the title in your hand to give to the new owner, call the finance company and see how they want you to handle it. They are going to need to be completely paid off and the new owner is going to want to make sure you've satisfied the loan on it so they can obtain clear title. If the new owner is going to be financing the vehicle then that finance company may handle the transfer for you.

How many miles you have? I just found an Arrival Blue in MA with 22,xxx miles for sale for 23 grand, I was highly interested until I found out which dealership was selling it as I do no trust them.

How many miles you have? I just found an Arrival Blue in MA with 22,xxx miles for sale for 23 grand, I was highly interested until I found out which dealership was selling it as I do no trust them.

That must be a Mass dealership requirement...TO SUCK! Bought mine in Mass and the dealership tried porking me out of my warranty. GM stepped up and gave me 3yrs/36k more. I WIN!

^^^Congrats on the win Jeff! I got a steal on my truck b/c my grandfather went to the dealership for over 35 years and the owner instantly walked over to us before I had a chance to look at the SS. I only trust the Chevy dealers in Lowell, mine, and one on Cape Cod (a close friend knows the owner). Came across too many scams like one spot saying they had multiple SS' completely stock w/ Harmon Kardon steroes :wtf:

Will be going for that ESP street tune this year, cant wait!

Sorry for the hijack redssct.

Dont worry about it 03mass thanks everyone for tips and help. Yeah I was just trying to figure out how I would sell the truck without title in hand. My truck has just over 80,000 miles got it in 2008 with 24,000 miles 80 % miles are highway I drove it to myrtle beach and back , also to Virginia and back, and I drive round trip 45 miles a day to work all high way. To be honest im not sure what to ask for the truck I dont know what would be a good price. I just want to pay off the loan and get a beater for now so I have no payments.

Dont worry about it 03mass thanks everyone for tips and help. Yeah I was just trying to figure out how I would sell the truck without title in hand. My truck has just over 80,000 miles got it in 2008 with 24,000 miles 80 % miles are highway I drove it to myrtle beach and back , also to Virginia and back, and I drive round trip 45 miles a day to work all high way. To be honest im not sure what to ask for the truck I dont know what would be a good price. I just want to pay off the loan and get a beater for now so I have no payments.

I went to a dealership down here in lower ct, I was only offered 13K for mine... The dealer ship wants it to be as stock as possible. I walked away from that because i still owed 12K on it at the time, I have an 03, w/ 60K on it, minor bolt on's... Pay it off and buy a beater is the choice that I'm going with. Highest offer i got off of craigslist was 12K :wtf:

IMO I feel that alot of people are trying to sell there SSS's now because of the hard times, but with all of these trucks for sale the value at which you could sells your is going to hurt, I myself would not take that big of a dive of the value unless you absolutely need too :chevy:

I went to a dealership down here in lower ct, I was only offered 13K for mine... The dealer ship wants it to be as stock as possible.

Right on the spot, mine is completely stock and I was offered the same price for it by my dealership as for what I paid for it when I bought it in 05 w/33k on the odometer. The other reason is I dont drive it fast, barely been over 2500-3000rpms. I am now around 60k. They have alot of customers who want to purchase my truck, as I recieve letters weekly stating they have customers interested (Ive also heard these letters are normal from other members who recieve them as well). While having it serviced in 07, one of the higher ups opened his checkbook and said how much, told him to wait a few years.

Then again when I test drove the SRT-10 Nite Runner, they tried to screw me and offer me 12k (when I pulled in 3-4 servicemen and salesmen walked over to check the SS out so I knew one of them wanted it). Walked away immediately and they chased me out the door as very few are buying v10s.

RedSSct good luck on the sale bro, I am in the market for a 2nd SS but cannot purchase for at least 6 months/end of the year.

I have thought about trading in my truck a bunch of times, but i always think about how much I would miss it. I only have 2 years left, and if i get a new one i will have 5 or 6 years left and in the long run i will end up paying so much more.

So i have decided to keep it, pay it off. And go a few months to a year without any truck payments, then maybe buy a new one or buy a toy or just keep driving the SS and fixing things as they go wrong.

My truck still runs like a champ why get rid of it?

Im thinking about selling the truck I hate too, but with my first kid here and everything else going on it only makes the most sense. My question is how would I sell the truck if I still owed on the loan? Could I sell it third party or would I have to trade it in? Just not sure how this would work any insight would be gratefull. Thanks guys.

Don't trade in the truck with the blower on it, you will receive *zero* added value on your trade. I wouldn't trade the truck at all, you're gonna take an ass-whipping on it.

If you are serious, de-mod the truck first, then sell it stock. You should be able to reclaim 1/3rd to 1/2 of your mod investment through selling it off. Also, another option is when you de-mod the truck you carry-over that stuff (blower kit) onto the new truck.

Mr. P. :)