Need Yalls Opinion On Headers

black-SS

I am about to purchase some lt headers and i was wondering which ones to go with? Should i get the pacesetters with ceramic coating and no cats or the OBX set up with their high flow cats. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated. ALSO Will i have any clearance issues with these i have a 2003 awd sss.

Edited by Black-SS (see edit history)

I am about to purchase some lt headers and i was wondering which ones to go with? Should i get the pacesetters with ceramic coating and no cats or the obx set up with their high flow cats. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated and i also did search im narrowed down to these two. Thanks guys

I am running Pacesetters with ceramic coating and magnaflow high flow cats and I really like it. I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions just letting you know what works for me. Best of luck man! :cheers:

It all depends on how much you want to spend. Im about to order a set of LPP longtubes...500 buck and 321 polished stainless, wasnt a very hard choice for me. Id recommend going no cats but thats just me, some people dont like the rasp.

you shouldnt have any clearance issues...i never had any on my 03 4x4, and i think there are several awd ss owners running pacesetters.

Mr. LEP...you will have a pm shortly, maybe you can change my mind on the LPPs, pending pricing :P

I dont know if this sounds stupid or if anyone has done this. But what is i were to get the ceramic coated headers and then put a coat of high temp paint on them to help it last longer. Would that work or is this a total noob question?

It's one or the other, either you coat them or paint them, really shouldn't do both. If you are questioning durability, ceramic coating wins hands down.......

I am about to purchase some lt headers and i was wondering which ones to go with? Should i get the pacesetters with ceramic coating and no cats or the OBX set up with their high flow cats. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated. ALSO Will i have any clearance issues with these i have a 2003 awd sss.

OBX does not come with cats. They are straight through "resonators" if you want to call them that. I had my OBX setup coated