Another Cracked Accumulator !!!

Just like someone else said i don't think it is necessarily just the shift kit or servo causing the failure, i think a lot has to do with taking all the Torque management out. All this trouble for us because GM wants to save 3 cents per truck. :crazy:

Just like someone else said i don't think it is necessarily just the shift kit or servo causing the failure, i think a lot has to do with taking all the Torque management out. All this trouble for us because GM wants to save 3 cents per truck. :crazy:

Ok, that makes sense. Since everyone always says to delete TM when you do a shift kit, and most folks do, then the damaged accum pistons just seem to correlate to the parts upgrade. I wonder if anyone has a stock tranny with no TM and damaged the plastic accumulator piston.

Today I went and picked up a metal accumulator piston. I am pretty sure mine is cracked, I drive my truck pretty hard, and put alot of miles on it. tomorrow I will go talk to a shop to see how much it will be to install it. I will also see if I can get pictures of it.

Archived