My Ss Was Stolen Last Night

pestep

I feel your pain man, when mine was stolen i was so damn pissed. Fortunatly i got it back a few days later busted up but nothing a month in the shop couldnt fix. I will say now it is armed and locked like Fort Knox but i still know that it is just a matter of time before it happens again. So i pretty much take the DD anytime i know i wont be valeying (sp) or within distance to hear the alram. Again sorry for your loss, i hope they find the punks!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Security feature ideas:

Get a keyless handle for driver and passenger door or disconnect the rod from the key cylinder in the door

The killswitch that comes with alarms is a joke (if I get into your ride, I'll swap your unit with mine and have no problems), run a hidden switch to kill ignition power and the fuel pump

Train horns hooked up to the alarm with a hood pin

For other ideas, I made a thread about it awhile back, but those ideas were a bit extreme

I posted this on another forum to get more people looking HERE

Thanks for the crosspost. The more eyes looking the better.

That being said, statistics say that if a vehicle isn't recovered with the first 48-72 hours, it most likely won't ever be recovered.

Talked to Dallas PD again yesterday (over 1.5 hours on hold before I could talk to a detective) and nothing.

I agree with all the posts suggesting adding a better alarm system to your truck. Please learn from my loss. If you don't have some sort of aftermarket alarm on your truck, add one!!!

Insurance told me they want to wait about 2 weeks before they declare it a loss and settle. I've been gathering receipts for all the mods I did. I know I'll only get pennies on the dollar, but I have started the conversation with insurance to begin the negotiations.

Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words. I'll keep the thread updated.

God I'm sorry to read this. :(

Half of the DFW-area thefts have occurred at clubs, restaurants, strip joints, bars, etc - it is a sad situation we live in where you cannot take your truck anywhere nice for a night out on the town. The thieves cruise these "high target" areas, you gotta leave your nice vehicle at home in the garage and drive the beater instead.

Mr. P.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. The truck has not been recovered. Insurance is ready to settle. I'm insured with State Farm, and to their credit I think their settlement offer is very fair (didn't stop me from arguing to squeeze out another thousand though). I sent them over 50 pages of receipts for the mods I did to the truck, which I bought new in June of 2003.

I've already got a replacement vehicle picked out. I'm getting a new 2009 Avalanche LTZ this weekend. Nothing like the SS, which was my all-time favorite vehicle (and I've owned a bunch), but still a nice ride.

I have some leftover parts that I'll be putting up in the for sale section. Factory rear bumper, factory trailer hitch, a pair of Edelbrock IAS 33012 shocks (for the front), factory floor mats, 2 magnaflow tips, maybe a couple other items, I'll have to look through the garage.

Thanks again to all for your support during this tough period. This forum is great for information, but even better because of the great members.

-patrick

Edited by pestep (see edit history)