The Ss Got Hit

delay18

So I am at the gym tonight trying to stay consistent in my commitment to get back in shape. I did the rest of my work out and was jogging on the treadmill to finish everything up when my buddy comes up next to me and hands me a piece of paper. He tells me don't freak out and I read it. It says I backed into your truck. So sorry call me and we can swap info. Needless to say I jumped of the treadmill grabbed my shit out of the locker room and ran into the parking lot. The damage isn't too bad. Some scuffs and scratches on the passenger front fender, scuffs on the rim and tire, and the front bumper looks a little tweaked but no 100% on that one. I called the woman and she got my name and number and was going to call her insurance company. I am taking it to my body shop in the morning to get it looked at. I guess I am kind of happy that she just didn't take off and actually fessed up, but I am still pretty pissed about it. I think I am going to take whatever money I can get for it and put it towards something else. I wanted to paint the whole front of the truck anyway. I will post up pics when I get it cleaned up so that it can be seen well.

Rob

Wow...............That is a rarity nowadays............. :omg: ......................most people don't have the common respect or courtesy to do that type of thing.....Sucks that it was damaged, but at least it will get fixed on somebody elses dime............

Sorry to hear Rob, at least the other driver did the right thing. Someone ran into mine at work almost 3 years ago, didn't leave a note either. After a quick check of the surveillance cameras, I found out it was one of my co-workers, left $500 in paint damage to my front bumper. . :mad:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I slammed a deer the other morning headed to work...$904.00. Gonna see if I can keep the front bumper cover and brake ducts, for a future project. But, it could have def been worse.

at least he did the right thing and it can be fixed.

Edited by 05_gaSShog (see edit history)

Thanks guys. I took it to my dealers body shop. He wrote it for $454. But that doesn't include the damage to the wheel (small scratch). I told her that if she wanted to go without insurance we could just take care of it. Her insurance company was supposed to call today but didn't. Big surprise. I will let you all know how I make out.

Quick update. I spoke with her insurance company last night. I told them I had an estimate from my body shop. Of course it was not good so they sent me to another shop. My body shop did not throw anything in for the chip on the wheel but the new place did. New estimate is $980. I will probably fix the fender this summer but put the rest into some go fast parts!!