Fog Lights

good morning...been awhile since i've been on here...

i have a disagreement with a person.....he says they make a "factory fog light" for a '05 ss........and i say no they don't..a chevy partsman says they don't...

they do make a silverado fog light that may fit.....

who is right??.........

good morning...been awhile since i've been on here...

i have a disagreement with a person.....he says they make a "factory fog light" for a '05 ss........and i say no they don't..a chevy partsman says they don't...

they do make a silverado fog light that may fit.....

who is right??.........

The SS's do not come with factory fog lights yes, but a set of factory Silverado fog lights will fit and work

never offered on the SS trucks from the factory but several guys have installed them on their trucks and they look awesome. if i can find a set of fog lights im definitely going to scoop them up. theyd go perfect with another set of 8k hids in them!

I got the complete OEM fog light kit off ebay. It came with instruction, fog lights, wiring, switch, and curcit. The only is that it tells you to take it to a GM tech to re learn for the foglights. But all you have to do is disconnect the battery then reconnect and they work fine.

I got the complete OEM fog light kit off ebay. It came with instruction, fog lights, wiring, switch, and curcit. The only is that it tells you to take it to a GM tech to re learn for the foglights. But all you have to do is disconnect the battery then reconnect and they work fine.

how much did it all end up costing you? id like to add fog lights to my truck but just bought headers and getting in on the dmh cutout group buy has set me back a few bucks. definite plan for the future though!

The ebay kit was (buy-it-now price) $199 + shipping. It was from a GM/Chevy dealer from Washington state. You can probably get it cheaper if you have a hookup with a dealer. I'll see if I have more info when I get home. The brackets I made. I just cut 4 four piece of 1" x 1/8th" stap into 6" pieces. Then drilled holes 1" in and centered left to right big enough to fit 1/4"-20 X 1 1/4" screws. Then primed, painted, and clearcloated them

Edited by SS truck (see edit history)

i bought just the lights off ebay smoked out for like 50 dollars...... now if i was u just go to the junk yard get the switch and the fuse for free (they sure do fit nice in your pockets) but even if you get them off ebay like 15 bucks tops, and most of the SS trucks i have looked under already come wired for foglights

Even though my truck isn't an SS you can still add OEM fogs. Another member, NTMD8R_SS and I have done it with out cutting anything. Just simply go to Home Depot and buy some flat bar and cut 4 pieces, 2 for each fog and simply use that to extend the mount. The fogs sit right behind the brake duct grille.

Here is a picture of how mines look, of course the camera view isn't correct thats why the lighting looks off on one.

2009-09-17183457.jpg