Help Please!

so the last couple days, when i try to back up, it's like reverse is only 5% engaged. after shifting to drive and back to reverese a few times, reverse will engage.

I live in MN and usually start and go, so the tranny is cold. thx for the help

so the last couple days, when i try to back up, it's like reverse is only 5% engaged. after shifting to drive and back to reverese a few times, reverse will engage.

I live in MN and usually start and go, so the tranny is cold. thx for the help

u should always wait a second for the truck to warm up. at least 45 seconds. how many miles are on the tranny? sounds like the clutch band is going or gone. the trannys in gm trucks are crap and they go out as little as 30k miles but most always go out around 100k miles.

u should always wait a second for the truck to warm up. at least 45 seconds. how many miles are on the tranny? sounds like the clutch band is going or gone. the trannys in gm trucks are crap and they go out as little as 30k miles but most always go out around 100k miles.

I have to disagree here, the gm trannys are very well built but like everything else brake when they get pushed to the limits. My family has a 2000 silverado that started life being driven by my mother for 30000 miles, then by me for my business where I racked up 130000 miles and in those miles, the bed had at least 1500lb of tool plus the material needed to get whatever job done. It also towed between 4000lb to 10000lb at least twice weekly for 3 years, after wich my brother took hands of it, lifted it 6" and put 35" tall tires. the truck now has over 210000 miles on the stock motor and trans. it has however had routine matnance and not one failure other than the battery twice.