The Volant air scoops are coming!!!

35960.jpg

35960: Volant scoop for the Silverado SS

Features:

Add-On Scoop: Cross-link polyethylene air scoop attaches to the Volant box to create an additional air flow from outside the engine compartment.

High Performance Silcone Connectors: High performance silicone hose connectors provides flexibility while maintains strength and thermal stability.

Stainless Steal Clamps: Marine grade clamps allows optimal performance with large operating range and available for virtually any application which requires maintainability and versatility

We have 25 Volant scoops for the Silverado SS on the way to us now. They should be arriving the middle of next week. All pre-orders will ship as soon as they arrive.

Tom

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should be here sometime next week so orders can ship the day after they arrive. I don't have any horsepower numbers for the scoop. It forces cool air up into the airbox where it is then pulled in by the filter.

woodwardspecialties: Your welcome! :)

Tom

I ordered mine I just wish when you order things from Tbyrne in the online ordering gave alittle more info. Its say there is a $10 dollar discount for online orders is this true also does the $139.99 include shpping? Tbyrne can you anwers these questions for me please I would just like to know. Thanks

CraigW

The opening page of the site actually has all of the info that you are looking for -

Prices do not include shipping/handling and are subject to change without notice.

and for the online discounts -

Order Amount...................Discount

$150.00 - $249.99.............$10.00

$250.00 - $499.99.............$15.00

$500.00 - $999.99.............$25.00

$1000.00 - $1999.99.........$50.00

$2000 +...........................$100.00

The $10.00 discount only applies to orders of $150. - $249.99 and shipping isn't included.

This scoop will be drawing air from the duct in the bumper.

Hope this helps,

Tom

I was looking at a picture of the Volant and it looked like it had two openings. One in the bottom for the ram air and one in the side that appeared to draw air from the fender area. Am I correct with this observation? If so, how can it pressurize the box to get better than zero pressure? I can understand a cooler air but forced air may be another issue. If I'm correct then maybe a (musle car era) flapper door may be in order. One that draws dry air from the fender until the vacume drops and then closses it off to pick up the cold forced air from the duct.

Just thinking out loud.

Dan

desrtrat: Your welcome! :)

dancar: This is correct. There is an opening on the site of the box so the scoop doesn't pressurize the box. It just directs look air up to the filter.

my scoop came today... i got it on and tried it out...

when ordering it i figured i probably wouldnt notice a thing with it... but to my surprise it heps a lot. i notice it being a lot more powerful above 65 mph. the truck really pulls much harder from 65 to about 90... i love it! thanks again tbyrne

Archived