The Volant air scoops are coming!!!

The tube on the back of the scoop doesnt come straight out the back it offset to the left side and the bend in the down tube is different it comes as two peices not one like the picture. :(

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i had to install that piece...i would pull the air box out and attach the two tube pieces outside of the truck..then drop the box w/tubes assembled into place...then tighten everything down..you won't have to squeeze to tighten the hose clamps that way...then just attach the scoop while laying under the bumper...that is how i did mine...only i just used flexible alum tube, 1 clamp...and black duct tape...i have to trim it down some but it gets the job done either way...

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't opened a box to take a look at one yet. How does it compare to this picture -

It doesn't look like it at all! 2 pieces instead of 1. Extra S-curve to side instead of straight back and up. Scoop piece is different and does not properly mate over the stock silver scoop inlet. Poor tire clearance. It twists the stock silver scoop upward and to the side so it does not look even with the other side. I had to use an extra large zip tie to pull it up against the stock inlet and to keep it from falling off. I had to use another extra large zip tie to try to pull it up and straighten out the stock silver scoop inlet. Not impressed with design or change from published Volant photo.

No notice of increased power at lower rpm, but noticed slight power increase at WOT highway speeds. However, the power seems to gallop or surge on & off with PCMforless custom tune (slightly more power followed by dip below stock horsepower levels). Don't know if I should block off side enty into Volant box or if it is problem with PCMforless tune. My SSS is totally stock except for Volant and PCMforless tune.

Rick R

• 3 weeks later...

Archived