Buying A New Tv

silverado_ss_04

I've been in the TV business for 10+ years..

Your in the right direction, but wrong brand.. ( this will start an argument most likely :jester: )

Check out samsung ( shares patents with sony, but 2/3rds the price ) , sanyo, and phillips

I'd also wait on the LED tv's, the technology is still very new, I'd let them work the kinks out for awhile

Your in the right direction, but wrong brand.. ( this will start an argument most likely :jester: )

Check out samsung ( shares patents with sony, but 2/3rds the price ) , sanyo, and phillips

I'd also wait on the LED tv's, the technology is still very new, I'd let them work the kinks out for awhile

I could not say it better. My choices would be Samsung or Phillips. I use to like Texas Instruments alot, but have not checked theirs out since 2005. I have a Samsung LCD from 2005 and it still a great pic, however these LEDs are nice. Make sure you purchase top notch wires also (for HDMI), those are very important and help tremendously.

i personally have the 46 inch samsung led 8000 series and i have it on my wall in my bedroom . its awesome i have it mounted with the thin wall samsung mount and its thinner than most pictures. i have had for about a year now with no problems knock on wood. im looking to buy a 55 inch next for my pool room to hang over the fire place for game days. im going to wait for a bit until the next series comes out with more goodies.

I've been in the TV business for 10+ years..

:withstupid: I prefer LG thats just me.

ok i checked out the samsung 8000 series LED tv and their is no way i can afford $4000 on a tv :crazy:

the vizio is on sale right now for $1999 :smash:

samsung led: Click here

Edited by silverado_ss_04 (see edit history)

I bought a nice Samsung LCD last Jan and love the picture. My one buddy bought a Samsung LED and that thing is amazing, hope to be buying one for my living room sometime in the next year. I did a ton of research before I bought mine and Samsung was number one and LG was second choice for me.

I still cant get my head around why no one will buy a plasma any more. In my personal experience of installing countless televisions Plasma is better in most all ways. I think the only reason every one is starting to want LED's is because it is the new technology and its what you see in TV commercials nowadays. A LED TV is a normal LCD TV that has a LED back light instead of a florescent one.

Plasmas have better contrast, more natural colors, Smoother motions, and better viewing angles. LCD's/ LED's are better with power consumption and Brightness which remember a bright and Vivid looking TV is not natural. The other advantage is since plasma is "considered" to be out dated the TV's are cheaper now.

Edited by Quinnster (see edit history)

I still cant get my head around why no one will buy a plasma any more. In my personal experience of installing countless televisions Plasma is better in most all ways. I think the only reason every one is starting to want LED's is because it is the new technology and its what you see in TV commercials nowadays. A LED TV is a normal LCD TV that has a LED back light instead of a florescent one.

Plasmas have better contrast, more natural colors, Smoother motions, and better viewing angles. LCD's/ LED's are better with power consumption and Brightness which remember a bright and Vivid looking TV is not natural. The other advantage is since plasma is "considered" to be out dated the TV's are cheaper now.

:withstupid:

I agree 100%

I have been looking at all the new plasmas and LCD's and LED's to purchase a new 55" and put my 50" LCD in my bedroom, and in the past year the plasma quality outgrew the quality of the LCD's and LED's in my opinion. The image burn is non existant anymore, and the true natural colors of the plasma like the lights and darks are night and day between the plasma and the others. And as mentioned the price on the new plasmas are alot cheaper than the LCD and LED's.

i agree plasma's are a bit nicer imo as well . sorry for the hi jack just had to agree with these guys. i have an elite kuro display ( pioneer) in 60" in my living room , its the last model pioneer built before calling it quite on display's. I watch all the blu ray's on it and am still impressed nearly every time i watch a movie on it. its abosutly stunning .

the reason i have an samsung led/lcd is for its size/ mounting / weight. i needed something to put on my wall and not weigh a ton since i couldnt get the mounting anchor toggle bolts in studs . it is also by a spot in my room where it needs to be ultra thin since i walk by it alot to where it could get bumped. i only watch tv in my room at night for an hour and in the morning when i dont get up right away.

since my room isnt an all out quality theater setup either i didnt go plasma . saving a bit of power there is nice as well. hi jack off

congrats on your new purchase , enjoy it !