Im Almost At 210,000 On My Ss

gmcsierragt

well I bought my SS at the end of July of 2008 with 171,xxx it was a one owner, previous owner was a local older guy that was a foreman for a large construction company. anyways its been a great truck, recently i started getting a clunking noise that was driving me insane but couldnt get it on the lift for awhile. after reading up on some forums I was worried that I had a bad front differential, turns out it was just a bad u joint in the front driveshaft, it actually still had the original u joints at 209,4XX but other then basic maintenance and a alternator everything is original and it still runs and drives fast(for stock anyways) i drive it daily and its always reliable :chevy: so its about to turn 210,000 miles and I dont see any signs of it breaking any time soon

Edited by gmcsierragt (see edit history)

These trucks are well worth the money, whatever price is paid. I know some have not had as much luck as you with the drivetrain parts etc, but your truck shows they are capable of lasting a long time. Congrats on the milage sir :chevy:

edit- I just noticed your from NH, I am glad to see your truck held up so well under the Northeast weather conditions :cheers:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

heres a pic of the odometer, cause seeing is believing lol. Just a quick question, if you look at this pic, you will notice that my gear selector light no longer works, is there a fix for this aside from replacing the whole thing? and about what kinda $ am I lookin at for the fix

Ya from what Ive read, Ive been lucky as far as the drivetrain goes, I change the fluids on schedule, always use synthetics. Im not gonna lie, Im not usually easy on it but I dont think I beat it either, I do plan on changing the seals on the front and rear diff and the driveshaft input seal on the transfer case, there is very light signs of leakage around the seals but nothing alarming, never seen any metals in any of my fluids. Its my daily driver and I gotta say it goes pretty dam good in snow and anything else Ive thrown at it

These trucks are well worth the money, whatever price is paid. I know some have not had as much luck as you with the drivetrain parts etc, but your truck shows they are capable of lasting a long time. Congrats on the milage sir :chevy:

edit- I just noticed your from NH, I am glad to see your truck held up so well under the Northeast weather conditions :cheers:

I'm also standing at 55,000 miles. Had a lot of fuel system issues at first, but everything is smooth now. Sometimes she's treated like a queen, other times I have her screaming like a raped ape. Though, running around all day in 1 1/2 feet of snow this month, might have taken a little off it's life, lol.