Painting Calipers

miketaylor4

you can paint them with the calipers on and just tape everything off. You do have to take off the wheel though. IMO, it's just easier to remove the caliper off the rotor and remove the pads, clean em and spray em. Just don't disconnect the brake line if you don't wanna go on the mission of bleeding the brakes.

you can paint them with the calipers on and just tape everything off. You do have to take off the wheel though. IMO, it's just easier to remove the caliper off the rotor and remove the pads, clean em and spray em. Just don't disconnect the brake line if you don't wanna go on the mission of bleeding the brakes.

This is how I did mine. And they came out good.

I sprayed the front rotors on my old lincoln with them on . I just used the 1500* header paint and they looked good until I sold the car about 3 years later. Make sure you clean then really good I used aircraft stripper to make sure they were clean then some purple power to make sure the paint stripper was all off then hose them down with water for a few mins to be sure. On the front of my car I did not even mask anything off if you get any paint on the rotor the pads will wipe it off with in a few miles. Remember prep work is 85% of a good paint job so take your time and do it right if its not super clean the paint will flake right off and look like crap.

They have the paint in a brush on app or spray on. The brush on might be easier with them on the truck still. Luckily I did mine while I was upgrading to the 05 fronts and stainless lines, so I went ahead and painted them off.

Was this mod worth it?

I taped off mine when I painted them. Painted the calipers silver and the brackets black. I polished the rears though :cool:

Pics!

Edited by sierra ss (see edit history)

I looked through some old photos and couldnt find any. Ill see if I can get a couple next weekend.

I did em on the truck, wasnt too bad if you have the right tools. For the amount of work, wouldnt suggest it on a daily driver.