What A Dam Day.

sierra ss

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soooo how r u getting that dipstick tube out i gotta do the samae thing on my truck!

Not exactly shure. Gonna smoke it over more tomorow evening. But from what i've looked at it, it shouldnt be to hard to get out if i can find the right type of tool to get it out with.

Yes I did, wasnt exactly what I wanted to do but it still looks good.

Were are the pics!? :jester:

Were are the pics!? :jester:

Ill shoot some next weekend. Nothin special really, just re-routed the main wiring harness along the manifold beside the fuel rail. I was trying to route it under the fuel rail, but it wasnt havin it.

Well. Finally got the broken end of the dipstick tube out. The reason why it broke off is due to the fact that it already had a crack in it around the groove were the o-ring goes. I got to looking and it had actually been leaking a tiny bit. Also, luckily we were able to remove the broken manifold bolt without removing the head. So with no bad luck i should be able to fire it up this evening. Whish me luck guys. Also when i went to the dealer to get a new dipstick tube and the the man asked what had happend and i told him. He then showed me a service bullitin were gm had a problem with with diptube developing a crack in it and leaking. When installing a new one if the old one broke gm fix was to push it into the pan and leave it, if there was no way to get it out? Has anyone else heard of this?

Well. Finally got the broken end of the dipstick tube out. The reason why it broke off is due to the fact that it already had a crack in it around the groove were the o-ring goes. I got to looking and it had actually been leaking a tiny bit. Also, luckily we were able to remove the broken manifold bolt without removing the head. So with no bad luck i should be able to fire it up this evening. Whish me luck guys. Also when i went to the dealer to get a new dipstick tube and the the man asked what had happend and i told him. He then showed me a service bullitin were gm had a problem with with diptube developing a crack in it and leaking. When installing a new one if the old one broke gm fix was to push it into the pan and leave it, if there was no way to get it out? Has anyone else heard of this?

uhhhhh :uhoh:

Glad you finally got em on man. Sounds awesome! :cheers:

I can almost see the gas needle go down as fast as the speedo goes up :driving: Get us some pics of those things all done now :pop:

I will as soon as im able to get it on a lift to were i can get some good ones. As soon as i got on the hwy i floored it and was was :D from ear to ear. Went through a lot of shti but it was worth it.

Headers sound nice. I ended up getting a new dipstick tube when my headers were put on. I noticed in the video you posted your check engine light was on, did that happen right after your header install?

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)