Need Engine Specs On 08 Vmax

hi all im brad and a brand new member that needs some help! cant find this info anywhere

ok so heres what i need...i am lookin for specs on engine for an 08 vmax. lookin for stock cam specs , heads , and compression. also i know the engine is either considered an lq9 like the older vho or an ls? sumthing ....any info will help so i can start w/ my building plans. thanks

Should be an L76 with an aluminum block 6.0L using what is known as the "L92" style cylinder heads and 87mm throttle body. Cam spec's I don't have right now, but if I recall the compression is only something like 9.9:1 as compared to the 10.4:1 with the L76 from the car due to the difference in the pistons. They are a great motor to make big power with.

Like Zippy said, it is an aluminum block 6.0L using what is known as the "L92" style cylinder heads and 87mm throttle body. I can't find anything on the cam spec's either and in typical GM fashion, depending on what vehicle the motor is residing in, you will find the horsepower and torque ratings all over the board. I also threw in the spec's for the other 6.0L available in 2008 for comparison as was used in the 2500/3500's. Don't beat up on me too bad if you notice something different than what you've seen printed before, as like I said before the ratings change for whatever chassis the motor happens to reside in, but the basic specifications are still the same.

2008 6.0L RPO Specifications

Vortec 6.0L V8

RPO (L76) as installed in the Vortec Max

Type: 6.0L V8

Displacement: (cc): 5967

Bore & stroke: (mm): 101.6 x 92

Block material: cast aluminum

Cylinder head material: cast aluminum

Valve train: overhead valve, 2 valves per cylinder, variable valve timing

Ignition system: coil-near-plug ignition, iridium electrode tip/iridium core spark plugs, low resistance spark plug wires

Fuel delivery: Active Fuel Management; sequential fuel injection

Compression ratio: 9.6:1

Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 367 @ 5500*

Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 375 @ 4300*

Fuel: regular unleaded

Maximum engine speed (rpm): 5900

Vortec 6.0L V8

RPO (LY6)

Type: 6.0L V8

Displacement: (cc): 5967

Bore & stroke: (mm): 101.6 x 92

Block material: cast iron

Cylinder head material: cast aluminum

Valve train: overhead valve, 2 valves per cylinder, variable valve timing

Ignition system: coil-near-plug ignition, iridium electrode tip/iridium core spark plugs, low resistance spark plug wires

Fuel delivery: sequential fuel injection

Compression ratio: 9.6:1

Horsepower (hp @ rpm): 353 @ 5400*

Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 373 @ 4400*

Fuel: regular unleaded

Maximum engine speed (rpm): 6000

Edited by Bear (see edit history)