Upgrading Suspension

Ok, I am beginning to look into upgrading my suspension. I will be keeping my stock height. I plan on getting Bilstein shocks all around. The big problem I have is I am looking for opinions, experience, etc. on sway bars. There are SOO many to chose from (PST, Hotchkis, Hellwig, Addco, Belltech, etc.) So any help would be great!

Also with all this will upgrading to polyurethane bushings, more than likely Energy bushings.

Thanks in advance.

The stockfront bar should be sufficient if you upgrade to Urethane bushings(bigger then the standard Silvy sway bar), both Addco and Beltech make just a rear bar. If you buy Hotchkis, you have to buy both the front and rear bar as that is the only way they are sold.

Ok, I am beginning to look into upgrading my suspension. I will be keeping my stock height. I plan on getting Bilstein shocks all around. The big problem I have is I am looking for opinions, experience, etc. on sway bars. There are SOO many to chose from (PST, Hotchkis, Hellwig, Addco, Belltech, etc.) So any help would be great!

Also with all this will upgrading to polyurethane bushings, more than likely Energy bushings.

Thanks in advance.

rear belltechs rock!!

I have the rear addco sway bar & am very happy with it!

Installed the Hotchkis Kit {front & rear} six years ago. The rear sway bar brackets require some drilling into the frame - no big deal. Overall I'm very satisfied with this kit.

I have the Hotchkis bars as well and as described above, require drilling holes for the rear brackets. The instructions also say you will need to drop the fuel tank for installation of the drivers side bracket, but I was able to intall it without doing so. Also going by comments from others, the Hotchkis kits have the best end links and hardware, but I can't really say as I have not used any of the others except a rear Helwig bar on and older S-10 and it seemed decent enough for what it was. The only other thing I can recommend is when you order what ever kit you decide on, is to let them know what your ride height is (stock. lowered, ect.) so that you will get the right length end links.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple blown shocks on my SS i want to go to Bilstein all around, does anyone know a good supplier to ordr form in canada, if not a good one in the US. Is there a street preformance shock available for the SS or do you have to go with the heavy duty shock for the Silv 1500?

I have a couple blown shocks on my SS i want to go to Bilstein all around, does anyone know a good supplier to ordr form in canada, if not a good one in the US. Is there a street preformance shock available for the SS or do you have to go with the heavy duty shock for the Silv 1500?

You should be able to get what you need from Summit Racing or Jegs. The only shock that Bilstein offers for the SSS are the HD line........

You should be able to get what you need from Summit Racing or Jegs. The only shock that Bilstein offers for the SSS are the HD line........

Just wondering is Bilstein the best shock to go with if staying stock......or is there something better? Just wondering because I will need to replace some soon. :cheers:

Just wondering is Bilstein the best shock to go with if staying stock......or is there something better? Just wondering because I will need to replace some soon. :cheers:

If you want a firm ride go with Bilsteins, if you want a softer ride, go with Edelbrock IAS shocks. :chevy:

The bilsteins look great, increase in handling would be great but not if its going to beat the heck out of me. Has anyone installed the Bilsteins? If so how rough do they ride as a daily driver?

http://www.eshocks.com/bil_veh3.asp?Model_...l&SubChar=Q

check those guys out thats where i got my bilsteins and i love them