Stock Ls2 Tires

4.8t

so i was looking around on here. why don't people like the stock ls2 tires? mine hooks up great and ride good and are quiet. i'm comparing these to my stock 17" wheel and tire combo that had no traction in the rain at all even AWD. but being that i have a better weight distrubution than the pickups, maybe thats why mine hooks so good. they hooked good enough to break two rear axles with the awd removed.

I hate those tires, I had them first on my F-150 and 2 of them blew before 20k miles, then on the ss they were toast at around 35k miles. I have been running the Hankook Ventus and love them so far, quiet ride, hook up good, and handle well on wet and dry roads

• 2 weeks later...

I still have my factory stocks on, but I also have really low miles on my truck. The tires did pass state inspection last week but I doubt they will next year, they are pretty smooth looking and the one has a slow leak in it.

I like the stock LS1/LS2 tires, no problems with them and still have 2 factory tires on. Only once did I have a little slippage going up a hill in fresh snow during a blizzard, but the awd conquered it. I am not trying to be the fastest truck out their, or drive crazy so I give them a :thumbs: . I bought a set of LS2's for when the stock set of LS1's go out.

My truck had the Stock LS2 Goodyear tires on it when I bought it. They were just about bald, with 150k they must have been replaced at some point. Then I drove on them 3,000 miles up to Alaska and somehow with almost no tread they did fine in rain and dirt. But I replaced them as soon as I got it up here because the alignment was way off with them.

see mine did awesome in the snow too. i ran 2wd all winter long. even through the blizzard that came through here in Maryland. i mean it wasn't Maine snow by any means but it was alot of snow and they did great. only real issue i had was getting into my parking spot after the stupid plow came through.