For Everyone Who Has Wondered....

For everyone who has wondered how long the stock transmission lasts with a Radix, the answer is:

78,898 miles

-2500 (when I had the Radix installed)

76,398 Miles

Driving down the freeway today, went to pass a car and my get up and go, got up and went. :( Limped back home on surface streets with only 1st and 2nd gears willing to engage.

Time for upgrades :D

:driving:

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

I'd like to say congratulations and sorry at the same time lol. It sucks that it broke, but at least you made it home and can upgrade now. You take the award for having the trans hold up the longest though. :cheers:

Mine last less than 5k :banghead:

You were most likely the Radix SSS combo pioneer Dave! Now you can upgrade to a fully built tranny and have the thing last to 200K.

Any ideas on the upgrades yet???

There is a local shop, Orange County Transmission (www.octrans.net), that will be fixing it. They have a great reputation with the local hot rodding folks, for building upgraded transmissions. He just built an upgraded 700r4 for my 64 Impala. He just did another supercharged Silverado SS from a guy named Greg (not sure if he hangs out here). It won't be cheap, but it should be bullet proof. I think I will go for a slightly higher stall speed on the converter.

Any suggestions on what treatments I should be looking for? I am guessing they will have it covered, but don't want to miss any good upgrades.

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

i think dave is the triple o.g. radix dude.

good stuff man , but we all know you baby your baby.

as for stall , i wouldnt go more than a 2600-2800 on the radix and keeping mileage.

let us know how it goes.

My trans only had the zippy shift kit/servos deal plus a TBTC and she was still running strong at 93k miles when I sold her. I'd say close to 40k of those were boosted miles most with the 3.0 pulley(7 lbs of boost). I think zippys tuning helped her last so long and I also had track runs on her plus the normal driving with a radix :devil: