2005 anyone know WHAT'S IN STORE

Dr Mike

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silverado SS will not get the new Disc/Drum brakes. The only changes for it is the Electric Cooling Fans replace the engine mounted clutch/fan system. An option will be a sunroof but not till later in the year and the silver paint. :chevy:

I heard a Flux capacitor is on the list...but you know GM...

Yea...You should see what it does when you hit 77mph!! :crazy:

that's 88 mph doc. :jester:

there is a post on this somewhere, but it's not much. drum brakes in the rear, computer controlled clutch fan, few other minor changes. not much all that good.

:withstupid:

Silverado SS will not get the new Disc/Drum brakes. The only changes for it is the Electric Cooling Fans replace the engine mounted clutch/fan system. An option will be a sunroof but not till later in the year and the silver paint.  :chevy:
, Hamur :thumbs:

that's good news, Engine Mounted Fans rob valuable HP.

electric fans should give a few more ponies and better cooling.

By disc/drum I presume like on other cars :wtf: , Solid rear Discs with inner drums for parking brakes??

Silverado Ext Cab (incl SS) roof :smash: flimsy,very weak, Sunroof should add additional structural roof support so it doesn't cave in on the cheap design we now have.

As for Silver Birch colour, I thought it looked terrible in photos until I saw a GMC Sierra Denali and it looked good.

Speaking of the Sierra Denali, much better finished inside than the SS, real sweet interior with a leather padded center console lid.

Dr Mike

• 1 month later...

No Dr. Mike the Disc/Drum setup that I metioned for the other CK Trucks is really disc fronts and good old fashioned drum brakes on the rear.

But again Silverado SS does not get this setup. They stay with the Disc/Disc brakes setup they had in 2004.

:chevy:

I don't know about warranty and voiding it but it would be quite a job to change over to the GM Electric fans. The issue here is the fans are run by the TBC or Truck Body Controller. This is the computer that pretty much runs the truck. To change to the newer version to run the fans would then change the software package to other components (radio, heater controls, PDM etc.). I am not saying it couldn't be done but it would be a huge job and you would have to match up all the components so that they were all running the same version. After market fan kit would probably be easier. Just a thought.

:chevy:

driving a 2005 ext cab ls right now as a loaner as much truck is getting fixed this week (the bodyshop screw ups from before)...

umm..i hope to god that the annoying chime telling you to buckle up isn't on all the truck. once you get up to speed it goes away, but if you slow down beflow 20??? once you start going again if chimes again. "Buckle seatblet" in the message center.

the e-fans look nice, just about the same as the FAL282.

the one i got i slow as crap. got a SES light in it the first 10 minutes i was driving it.

maybe it was becuase i was on the highway doing 80 in 3rd...

or maybe it was the drop into 2nd to pass someone...

or maybe the burnout i did as i was leaving the dealership (which was really weak cause torq management sucks)

or from when i locked up the brakes on the higway....just testing the 60-0 distance for the 2005 chevy's (not bad at all, stoped great...even smoked em a little bit)

driving a 2005 ext cab ls right now as a loaner as much truck is getting fixed this week (the bodyshop screw ups from before)...

umm..i hope to god that the annoying chime telling you to buckle up isn't on all the truck. once you get up to speed it goes away, but if you slow down beflow 20??? once you start going again if chimes again. "Buckle seatblet" in the message center.

the one i got i slow as crap. got a SES light in it the first 10 minutes i was driving it.

or maybe the burnout i did as i was leaving the dealership (which was really weak cause torq management sucks)

or from when i locked up the brakes on the higway....just testing the 60-0 distance for the 2005 chevy's (not bad at all, stoped great...even smoked em a little bit)

I knew I liked you.

I knew I liked you.

:uhoh:

I knew I liked you.

:uhoh:

It's okay Makani. I like you too.

well...after i went out to go run to a customers shop, the truck wouldn't start. so the rental place came by and brought me a different one. i drove it home in 2nd...the long way cause my normal drive home is only a mile. i made sure to hit the highway. didn't get a SES light this time, managed to get some good tire spin as i was taking the on ramp...i'll see if i can get this one to shut down as well...

if not...then i guess i am just not trying hard enough.

after all...You have to pay to play...just that i am not paying for this, dealership is picking up the tab for everything...

Archived