2005 anyone know WHAT'S IN STORE

Dr Mike

well...after i went out to go run to a customers shop, the truck wouldn't start. so the rental place came by and brought me a different one. i drove it home in 2nd...the long way cause my normal drive home is only a mile. i made sure to hit the highway. didn't get a SES light this time, managed to get some good tire spin as i was taking the on ramp...i'll see if i can get this one to shut down as well...

if not...then i guess i am just not trying hard enough.

after all...You have to pay to play...just that i am not paying for this, dealership is picking up the tab for everything...

You are the epitome of, it's not a good reason to buy a rental, lol.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well...after i went out to go run to a customers shop, the truck wouldn't start. so the rental place came by and brought me a different one. i drove it home in 2nd...the long way cause my normal drive home is only a mile. i made sure to hit the highway. didn't get a SES light this time, managed to get some good tire spin as i was taking the on ramp...i'll see if i can get this one to shut down as well...

after all...You have to pay to play...just that i am not paying for this, dealership is picking up the tab for everything...

But he has some GREAT ideas!

you can never test these things enough...i am sure GM doesn't think of half the stuff that we get ourselves into with our trucks...

and if anyone is going to buy a new 2005, i just want to make sure they know what they are getting into...

the worst thing so far is the dang chim for the seatbelt...that thing has got to go...

• 2 weeks later...

Just another comment on the whole changes for 05, I just checked Chevy's web site, and they state that 20" chrome wheels are now standard (even though I paid out the ying-yang for them a couple of months ago).

Interesting idea. I think it is generally a good one. Most folks balk at the high price of the current SS. You hear a lot of comments like "yeah it's nice, but to much money for me". As for me, I am kinda glad I was "forced" into getting all the goodies. :D

Silverado SS will not get the new Disc/Drum brakes. The only changes for it is the Electric Cooling Fans replace the engine mounted clutch/fan system. An option will be a sunroof but not till later in the year and the silver paint. :chevy:

Can you get us any info on retrofitting our 2003's with the electric fans? And Sunroof???

Thanks Hamur. :cheers:

Silverado SS will not get the new Disc/Drum brakes. The only changes for it is the Electric Cooling Fans replace the engine mounted clutch/fan system. An option will be a sunroof but not till later in the year and the silver paint.  :chevy:

Can you get us any info on retrofitting our 2003's with the electric fans? And Sunroof???

Thanks Hamur. :cheers:

i think zippy is working on the e-fans already as he has ordered a 05 set. :thumbs:

yea I answered that question in another thread. Basically the GM part would bolt in but the problem is powering them. In the 2005 trucks they are hooked through the PCM and are controlled by temp. I know that Zippy is working on that whole wiring issue. Stayed tuned.

As far as the sunroof, we haven't started building them yet. Still not happy with the they load into the job and some quality issues from the Supplier. Stayed tuned and I will let you know when we start.

:chevy:

Archived