New Wheels And Tires Are On

raidaz4lyfe

So, I've got my new wheels and tires now. I took a pretty big loss on the DUB wheels, but I was just tired of them and I've been itching to lower the truck which the DUB wheels offset prevented me from doing. I may post pics of them on the truck, but they look really awkward right now without the truck being lowered. I'm used to the black on black look and not really into chrome, so I've decided to get the face of the wheel powdercoated gloss black and leave the lip chrome. I went with 265/35/22 tires to insure clearance, but now I need to hurry up with the lowering. I have included a pic of the wheel I went with. I found Belltech lowering spindles for $242 and McGaughys lowering spindles for $280. From experience, which spindle is better to go with? I haven't quite decided what to go with in the rear, either a flip kit or just the hangers and shackles I already have installed. Let me know what you guys think.

post-15329-1267893076_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1268013677_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1268013720_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1268013758_thumb.jpg

post-15329-1268013798_thumb.jpg

Edited by BaYcHeVySS (see edit history)

So, I've got my new wheels and tires now. I took a pretty big loss on the DUB wheels, but I was just tired of them and I've been itching to lower the truck which the DUB wheels offset prevented me from doing. I may post pics of them on the truck, but they look really awkward right now without the truck being lowered. I'm used to the black on black look and not really into chrome, so I've decided to get the face of the wheel powdercoated gloss black and leave the lip chrome. I went with 265/35/22 tires to insure clearance, but now I need to hurry up with the lowering. I have included a pic of the wheel I went with. I found Belltech lowering spindles for $242 and McGaughys lowering spindles for $280. From experience, which spindle is better to go with? I haven't quite decided what to go with in the rear, either a flip kit or just the hangers and shackles I already have installed. Let me know what you guys think.

Some people argue that McGoofy is better. I had McGoofy spindles and had nothing but trouble (used shims in the back with McGoofy hangers, etc). After replacing the McGoofy spindles with Belltech (and the hangers with the stockers and hotchkis lowering leafs), I have zero problems. This is only my experience, and others may disagree. However, I don't think too many people have trouble with Belltech spindles so maybe this helps your decision. I love those rims too!

Edited by 04LIGHT (see edit history)

Some people argue that McGoofy is better. I had McGoofy spindles and had nothing but trouble (used shims in the back with McGoofy hangers, etc). After replacing the McGoofy spindles with Belltech (and the hangers with the stockers and hotchkis lowering leafs), I have zero problems. This is only my experience, and others may disagree. However, I don't think too many people have trouble with Belltech spindles so maybe this helps your decision. I love those rims too!

Thank you for the info and the compliment on the wheels. I just got back from the rim shop and they gave me back my Kumho 305/40/22 tires so my truck doesn't look as awkward anymore. I'm going to throw some tire shine on and clean up the wheels a bit and I'll try and post some pics tomorrow. Looks like I may be going with the belltech setup since it's a little cheaper anyway.

I just got done cleaning the truck and I've added some pics of the new wheels on the truck. I've been speaking with NORCALSS and I'm going to lower the truck first before any powdercoating of the wheels. I think I'll just wait to powdercoat them when I need to replace the tires. I am going to go with Belltech 2 inch lowering spindles up front and lowering leaf springs in the rear with the Belltech performance drop shocks all around. I can't wait to get started. What do ya'll think of the new look?

truck looks sweet man. what offset are your wheels?

Thanks man. They are a +30 offset.

Looks (.Y.)

I would drop it 3/5 tho or 5/7. Being 2wd, it's easier.

Thanks bro. What parts achieve that and how's the ride quality?