Modification Suggestions Please!

BlueBeast04

Ok say someone got their income tax and has about $5k to spend, what are your suggestions as far as modifications on an all stock 4.8 DD? Is it worth supercharging at 74,000 miles? possible 6.0 engine swap? cam? heads?

What im getting at is if you could spend 5 grand on a motor, what would you spend it on

well if you were to spend it on a stock SS what would you suggest

you want looks, speed, or both?

LOOKS: Billet grille, rollpan, shopman tie, drop, tonneau, maybe hood if the price is right, HIDs

Go FAST: CAI, LTs, exhaust, tune

That's if I had to choose both

Any kind of charger is gonna reduce engine life so at 74,000 youd be decreasing it, as for mods, id do the taylor plugs, attack the tranny, shift kit, servo. obv a tune, cai intake, use the long tube headers if you want to see any kind of increase shorts wont do it. Add an exhaust.Those are the most basic upgrades to add some speed to the truck.

I agree with hooking up the ss rather than the 4.8, gonna see more performance out of the ss 6.0 the 4.8.

Edited by miketaylor4 (see edit history)

well if you were to spend it on a stock SS what would you suggest

If I were you, I would do a Cold Air Intake (CAI), Wheatley Tune, Long Tubes, Cat-Back Exhaust, Trangs-go shift kit w/ Vette servos, etc, New Plugs/wires, 160* thermostat to start.

If you decide to go FI or just add heads/cam IMO I would do the above mods first. Just throwing a blower or a head/cam package at the truck with everything else stock would be a waste of money and performance IMO.