Help!

gmcsierragt

Ok so I was just on my way home from a botty call, about 10 mins into the 30 min ride, Im driving down a smooth main road, cruise control set at 60mph and all of a sudden the check engine light comes on, a warning ding goes off like when your low on gas, and the dash says REDUCED POWER, the truck starts slowiing down, the RPM's are sitting at about 1200, I step on the gas and it only goes up to mabey 1400 RPM's. So I pull over very confused, take out a flashlight look under the hood, no smoke or leaks, I start it back up and its idling at 1100 to 1200 RPM's and no throttle reponse, so I shut it back off and pull the fuse panel, I didnt have any tools with me so I couldnt check the fuses but it killed about 5 mins, so I start the truck up and the throttle response is back to normal and the REDUCED POWER warning is gone, but the check engine light is still on, I shut the cruise control off and got it home and it seemed fine the rest of the way, all other gauges oil, temp, alternator were running normal. I will be getting it on the OBD scanner early in the afternoon but Im curious if anyone else has expierenced this or knows what it could be :confused: ? Im not sure if this is the right section to post this but I'm, sure someone will tell me if its not

Ok so I was just on my way home from a botty call, about 10 mins into the 30 min ride, Im driving down a smooth main road, cruise control set at 60mph and all of a sudden the check engine light comes on, a warning ding goes off like when your low on gas, and the dash says REDUCED POWER, the truck starts slowiing down, the RPM's are sitting at about 1200, I step on the gas and it only goes up to mabey 1400 RPM's. So I pull over very confused, take out a flashlight look under the hood, no smoke or leaks, I start it back up and its idling at 1100 to 1200 RPM's and no throttle reponse, so I shut it back off and pull the fuse panel, I didnt have any tools with me so I couldnt check the fuses but it killed about 5 mins, so I start the truck up and the throttle response is back to normal and the REDUCED POWER warning is gone, but the check engine light is still on, I shut the cruise control off and got it home and it seemed fine the rest of the way, all other gauges oil, temp, alternator were running normal. I will be getting it on the OBD scanner early in the afternoon but Im curious if anyone else has expierenced this or knows what it could be :confused: ? Im not sure if this is the right section to post this but I'm, sure someone will tell me if its not

my 06 truck did that. when i plugged a code reader in it gave me the codes P2108, P1516, U0107. reduced engine power. (reprogram PCM). thats directly from the gm website. my friend is a mechanic at gm. i took it to the dealership and they reprogrammed my PCM under warranty. if not warranty its .4 hr labor labor operation # is J6353*. Hopefully this helps and you had the same thing go wrong with mine.

maybe it was a misfire. after a misfire comes the truck will still have a cel for at least 30-50 miles.... if it was a misfire code i would check all the plugs, clean ur maf and tb and see whats going on....

They usually go into reduced engine power mode when it detects there is a problem with either the way the engine is running, or something is going wrong with the electric throttle body, gas pedal, or module.

They usually go into reduced engine power mode when it detects there is a problem with either the way the engine is running, or something is going wrong with the electric throttle body, gas pedal, or module.

:withstupid: most likely TB issue.

Well I hooked up a scanner to the OBDII and it gave me a P1516 code which says PCM, hasnt acted up since. Although now I now have just started noticing a metallic tapping noise in the lower end at low rpms, FML so Ive been looking for a used 6.0 LQ9 to toss in it for a while so I can do a build on the one I have now. So if anyone knows of a deal, Im all ears

• 1 year later...

while were all on the reduced engine power.. when i had my hypertec hyperpac when i programmed my settings the reduced engine power came on.. and the same went for when i returned everything to stock anyway to go about setting everything completely back to stock? im getting a wheatley tune in about 2 weeks so hopefully that will fix it?

REP is almost always throttle-body related; usually there is a fault in the drive-by-wire system, one of the engine harness grounds at the back of the engine block is loose, or the expected airflow tables in the PCM tune are off (in the case of adding forced induction). REP is always accompanied by a DTS code, so get a scanner and read-out what codes are stored in the PCM, and use that information to begin troubleshooting the issue.

Mr. P.

Ok so I was just on my way home from a botty call, about 10 mins into the 30 min ride

At least it wasn't on your way there so you had to cancel. I'd of been pissed, truck broke and didn't get any :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)