Wanna Switch From 3.42 Too 4.10's Got A Few ?'s

So my 04 Reg-cab came with 3.42 gears. And I "THINK" I wanna go with 4.10's but I want to get some advise before I order gears,,,I know 4.10's will hurt my gas milage, what I don't know is what type of rpm's I'll be turning on the way to work? lol,,,right now at 70mph in overdrive I'm showing just below 2000rpm's, I don't wanna go with such low gears that I'll be turning 4000rpm's all the way to work,

But at the same time I'm afraid just going with a 3.73 gear I won't see enough difference to make it worth it,

All I do know is these 3.42's SUCK!!!, I have a Wheatley tune, 160-stat, CAI, and I BARLEY outrun my buddies "stock" Reg-cab 2wd hemi, & that ain't gonna cut it.

I would love to hear from anyone running 4.10s in a 2wd daily driver so I know what to expect???

This is what Summit Racing said I need,,

Insallation Kit

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAT-3025K/

Ring & Pinion

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RMG-GM85410/

Edited by miSSouriSS (see edit history)

thats not bad at all, I wonder if It's the same for a 2wd? although I am running a 275/45/20

with 285/75R17 tires cruising at 98 mine is 3000. i have 4.10s. i forgot what my 70 mph rpms is tho buts its prob around 2300 rpm

with 285/75R17 tires cruising at 98 mine is 3000. i have 4.10s. i forgot what my 70 mph rpms is tho buts its prob around 2300 rpm

so far these rpm's I can live with, did your Vmax come with those gears?

thats not bad at all, I wonder if It's the same for a 2wd? although I am running a 275/45/20

Your tires calculate out to 29.7" and with the 3.42's you should be turning about 1900rpm at 70.2mph, with the 4.10's it will put you at about 2300rpm at around 70.8mph.