Got My First Real Race

slammedbowtie

i pull up to a stop light next to an older fellow with his cyborg ear piece chillin. so the light turns green and i ease into it a bit and start accelerating a decent rate and look over and he is right next to me. so i floor it and he is right next to me still. so i made damn sure the pedal was all the way to the floor sayin dammit shift already! so we are neck and neck full thottle. the truck finally shifts and boom! im gone! see ya later. short race but he was def lookin for it from the start. anyway didnt think he would have kept up as long. im sure pre headers i would have had the low end to take him all the way.

I been wanting to race one of thoes trucks haven't yet but any ways this is kinda off topic but I need some help I noticed for some reason on my truck when I'm going about 60 and I floor it to race some body I hear a lil bit of valve ticking I use castrol eddge syn and chevron 91 and I still don't know what it could be do the valves need to be adjusted all I have is intake and exhaused if u have anyanswers please help thanks

if i had my stock manifolds on i would have eatin him alive from the start. but with the new headers he had me worried at the beginning. i got a wheatley tune, full exhaust, intake, and 160 stat. thats it

Surprising to me, my buddy's truck is fairly quick and we were driven away from. I would think 5-6 lengths pretty easily, and we didn't go 1/4 mile. It's the first time I've seen a brand new ram actually floor it.

I don't know how quick my buddy's truck is, but it feels decent..... It's a quad cab 5.7 with some kind of fairly loud exhaust.

idk my fastest run pre headers was 14.3 in the quarter

Pretty danged quick!

My buddy's ram is probably a high 14 / low 15 second truck from my seat of the pants calculator.... :wink:

Are those new rams supposed to be low 14s or something? I saw two guys claim high 13s on a MoPar forum, but that's pretty quick for a stock truck I figured.... maybe a downhill track or something.....?

Awesome, glad to see a 7 year old truck beating a new truck. I am glad you mentioned your mods, I am going for that same setup. When you mentioned if you had your stock manifolds, do you just need a retune for your headers? Nice kill :pepsicheer:

i got the retune. had krambo run a log so i send it in for a more precise tune. i am disappointed in the headers, lost all my bottom end. my best run at the track last night was 14.51. so i am def upset with that. was hoping spending all that time and money would have at least made it quicker lol

Something doesn't sound right. Headers should have helped your bottom end. What size is the rest of the exhaust??

1-7/8" primaries + full 3" exhaust + stock cubed LQ9 = little back pressure and massive low end torque loss

Bigger isn't always better when it comes to exhaust, especially with a stock cubed motor. Unless you are blown or running big cubes, that size primary and exhaust are overkill IMO....

Rob, keep me posted on what ARH is doing for you......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

i sent him another email and he never wrote back. so i called friday and left a message still nothing. so i sent him another email tonight and asked to please get this resolved i might even have a buyer for the set i got on the truck now. so we will see....

yes 1 7/8 into dual 3inch pipes into two hi flow cats into an X pipe into two mufflers out the side. bigger isnt always better.....and thats what she said! lol

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)