Ss Emblem On The Seats

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before I had my truck in its last car show I took my head rests into a interior shop to have them stich em' red.

Guy said he wouldn't even touch them, the cost would be through the roof because he would have to literally make the head rest over again, and stick his own "SS" pattern into the head rest.

he didn't know of anyways to get the true color red to show. If you paint over the factory stiching with red it looks like maroon puke

Well now Im torn between doing a blue to match the truck or go with silver. Thers no way of testing a small area by doing this cuz soon as the paint touches the sticing it will be in there. I just dont want it to turn out like doody, lol.

Well now Im torn between doing a blue to match the truck or go with silver. Thers no way of testing a small area by doing this cuz soon as the paint touches the sticing it will be in there. I just dont want it to turn out like doody, lol.

just an idea- have a place that does embroidery stitch something up for you with the same color thread then test a few different shades of blue and silver on it. That way you can see if blue shows up well. And if you do perform that test, make sure to take a picture of the sample for everyone to see along with the brand/shade of each paint color. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!

Here's mine done with the silver deco. If your having any doubts just go ahead and do it man it makes the ss stitching stand out and looks a million times better.

post-19437-1268716088_thumb.jpg

I wanna do mine but I have doubts what if I do them and then end up wishing I would have done them a lil darker or not at all :confused::dunno:

Well in theory, darker should never be a problem. Just start out with a light color and if you want them darker, paint over the lighter color. Hopefully there shouldnt be a problem with that.

I wanna do mine but I have doubts what if I do them and then end up wishing I would have done them a lil darker or not at all :confused::dunno:

Sounds like a good idea. I may have my roomates gf paint it for me cuz shes an artist wiht paint and such. So she has a more steady hand for that kind of thing. I dont want to get the paint on my seat, lol.