Remove Pin Stripe

how on earth do i remove the pin stripe that came factory on my ss...im going for the murdered out look and its kinda hard with some ugly line going down both sides

Here you go! First things first r they painted on r just the stuck on! If painted on you'll have to sand them off using 2000 grit wet sand paper & them have to buff the sand stratches out with compound & a buffer! If they r stuck on go to a autoparts store & ask for a eraser wheel for removing double sided tape & pin strpes! Hook it on ur drill & get to work! Alot less work if they just stuck on!

Here you go! First things first r they painted on r just the stuck on! If painted on you'll have to sand them off using 2000 grit wet sand paper & them have to buff the sand stratches out with compound & a buffer! If they r stuck on go to a autoparts store & ask for a eraser wheel for removing double sided tape & pin strpes! Hook it on ur drill & get to work! Alot less work if they just stuck on!

thanks. they are stuck on but is it going to mess my paint up?

Edited by Jose's SS (see edit history)

If possible, try the heat gun method first, the eraser wheel and adhesive remover should be an absolute last resort! If the vinyl is in good condition, a little heat should do the trick. :thumbs:

I agree, use a little heat (even a hair drier will work), heat and peel, then if there is any glue residue left, just spray a little WD-40 on a clean rag and wipe off the glue, wont hurt the paint.