Busy Weekend Of installing!!!

6.0ss

Well I almost have this stuff done,, but no really, Here are some tease shots of the stereo that is going in and I installed the drop kit on monday!!! It was a good weekend spent with my SS!

Here is a pick of the drop kit! It is a Belltech 2/3 drop,

389369_112_full.jpg

This is a pick of the Alpine DVD, MP3, CD Deck and PXA H700 EQ

389369_115_full.jpg

Here is a picture of the TV screen Pod that I made. only took about 3 hrs for this one!! It was the easy part!

389369_114_full.jpg

This is the Rear seat that was modified to hold 2 Phoenix Gold amps and a Power Core capacitor! It looks so clean, can't wait to get it in the truck!!

389369_113_full.jpg

Last Pic of the Drop, I hope to get more done this weekend. Ill keep the pics comin, I am also getting my sound domain site up!

389369_116_full.jpg

BellTec Drop is Drop keys up front, I have no vibration or anything which is great. The kit also came with the Beltec shocks, The truck rides so much better than it did before!!! Iam really impressed wiht the system, I was going to get the Hochkis swaybars, but really don't need them now!

The rear seat install is pretty slick and very easy to do!! I did the same install in my last pick up and loved it so much I decided to do it here as well! The Judjes at the sound offs loved it, because it hides all wires and looks totaly factory with the Seat down.

My plan for Subs is to build a single 12 into each extended cab door! I hope it works out for me!!!

Great job on the amp install, did you make your own monitor install kit ?? where did you end up putting the subs at ?? :cool:

I have not started the subs yet!

Subs will be the last thing to go in, But I think I am putting them in the doors of the extended cab! Hope it works out!!

6.0 what an awesome install! That looks very classy and clean to boot. Two questions for ya. Is that the 7996 Alpine? How did you mount the amps suspended like that? :cheers:

I was going to build up a tutorial about how to do that in the seat, but now that it is together i don't want to take it apart to take pictures. So this is how it is done

Remove seat! (duh)

remove seat botom cover and foam.

remove springs and wire from center of seat.

cut to fit a 3/4 inch piece of MDF to mount to the seat top, from what I remember mine is 48x 16.5 inches in size, drill holes in the steel of the seat and secure the MDF panel with sheet metal screws.

once secure, flip seat over and figure out what you want to mount in the seat, amps, subs, what ever it may be.

make a cover plate of 1/4 inch MDF to cover the bottom of the seat, make cut outs for what is mounted so you can see them. (my seat has one big opening in the middle)

Secure that with sheet metal screws.. NOTE you might have to put washers or spacers in to get the back board the right height in relation to the components mounted in the seat.

With the extra thickness of the boards in the seat, you will have to remove 2-3 inches of foam from back edge of the seat.

You will then install the factory seat cover, make sure it stretches to fit, you might have to take some foam from the front as well.

cut out the opening and wrap the cloth around the edges of the baffel board on the bottom.

secure the carpet to the baffel board with 3M super 77 spray adhesive

mount amps, run wires out the two sides, clip the cover at the bottom and WALA :thumbs:

Ill scan in some drawings on if i can!!

Archived