Fake Flowmaster Mufflers?

gafool

just wondering if the mufflers i have installed are in fact real flow masters? is there a stamp or number or anything on the muffler that says flowmaster? i mean i waited then he pulled it around and said on its ready ? but when i asked him what series he couldent really tell me? i should have asked to see the box they it came in huh? well if they are fake he will pay wont he cause i asked for flow master muffler to be installed not a muffler. lol ok let me have it boyos

the case of the muffler? or the muffler itself? i just went outside and looked and theres nothing on it? no name no number nothing? so if this is not a flowmaster muffler i should have him give me a flowmaster muffler correct? and if he swearrs that it is a flowmaster but i know its not then? how would i go about i guess filing a fraud case against him? the muffler has a single in dual out but nothing on it says flowmaster or nothing other then i did see the word inlet lol ok thanks for the replys :cheers:

ok well i found the ticket for it and it says muffler not flowmaster i asked for flow master so i should have flow master right? guess im going to have to go to this guy and get ready to have a arguement about customer service

well ya live and learn and i trusted meineke to install the right muffler lol this guy charged me 150 for this no name muffler? ive looked and no flowmaster cost close to that? gotta feeling im going to have a fight on my hands and i dont want one just going to ask why i was charged for a muffler thast not even a flowmaster but was told it was? it sounds good dont get me wrong! well lets see what happens!

this is true but ill go in all polite and all till he unleashes the bad man in me! ok thanks guys for the replys i even sent flowmaster the same question so hopefully this will be easy... wheres that easy button?

this is true but ill go in all polite and all till he unleashes the bad man in me! ok thanks guys for the replys i even sent flowmaster the same question so hopefully this will be easy... wheres that easy button?

It's at Staples :jester:

There are knock offs of the flowmaster, Marty that sells the flowmonster also sells the flowmaster and these flowmaster look alikes. Knock off or the real thing I still wouldn't put them on my truck, they're nothing but a choke collar on your truck. I would get my money back and install the flowmonster exhaust. Sounds great and you will not lose any performance. When I went from a flowmaster to a flowmonster muffler I could tell a very big difference in performance. Ditch the flowmaster and the look a likes. The flowasters were rated as one of the worst cfm flowing exhaust muffler made.

• 1 month later...

just wondering if the mufflers i have installed are in fact real flow masters? is there a stamp or number or anything on the muffler that says flowmaster? i mean i waited then he pulled it around and said on its ready ? but when i asked him what series he couldent really tell me? i should have asked to see the box they it came in huh? well if they are fake he will pay wont he cause i asked for flow master muffler to be installed not a muffler. lol ok let me have it boyos

Flowmaster actually makes their own knockoff in an overseas plant, it is a black case, for about $30 less than a stamped one. They started doing this because they were loosing money to knockoff companies, once their patent was up the started manufacturing these muflers which are identical in every way to the original but with no stamped case. When you go to a shop u have to ask for a stamped case flowmaster if you want one otherwise the shop can install a flowmaster non stamped and charge the same. This is a loophole developed by flowmaster and muffler shops. Like I stated you can't tell any difference in sound at all the same exact specs are met but with cheaper labor. Don't waste your money on a stamp no one can see anyway. I use these on all of my vehicles and have ran Dino tests with stamped and unstamped, no difference, just don't get ripped at shop ask for a stamped if u want it, or say flowmaster unstamped made overseas they know and you should get a cheaper price. $20-$35 installed cheaper.