Caliper Covers...check This Out.

jaxflyboy

http://www.calipercovers.com/

I'm Chris from Florida, and I'm really interested in getting a set of caliper covers for my '03 SS. So I gave MGP Caliper Covers, located in California, a call last week to ask about my specific application. The sales rep said that they are a GM licensed company, but they don't make a set for the Silverado SS. I asked about them being able to develop them for me, and they replied with this:

Chris,

We have a great interest in developing for your truck as we are GM licensed. What would speed up production is gathering 5 or more of your friends that would interested, and place an order. I can use this as leverage to develop. Keep in mind the process will take up to two months (I would say ready for summer, but that not the best time of year in Florida).

Thank you,

David Vela

Sales/Marketing

MGP Caliper Covers

(619)754-4099

[email protected]

www.calipercovers.com

Check out the website at the top of the message, and anybody that's interested in getting a set for their truck can let me know via PM. Take it easy,

-Chris

Yeah I proposed to them that the SSS brakes and Silverado brakes were very similar but they will only advertise them as such after specific testing is done on the specific model. They haven't tested a Silverado SS before 2007 model. Has to do with measurements they said. But yeah I let them know that. As for price, they're $200 a set. What I really like about them is that they don't fade after a year of driving (as painted calipers do) so all you need to do is easily remove them to scrub em down. I agree though, they're real expensive. You get what you pay for.

These were popular with the SSR people for a while. A couple of the guys had them come loose and damage the inside of their wheels. There are some that were installed with double sided tape, these are the ones that did the damage....FYI

These were popular with the SSR people for a while. A couple of the guys had them come loose and damage the inside of their wheels. There are some that were installed with double sided tape, these are the ones that did the damage....FYI

good to know, thanks.

"I agree though, they're real expensive. You get what you pay for."

Funny stuff, Fifty bucks a wheel for pretty covers for brake calipers....count me out...

:withstupid: rather save and spend that money on the real deal..

The company is in San Diego. They need to test fit an '03 SS in person. It'll take 2 hours. Probably a stretch, but anyone in San Diego wanna go hang out at there shop for a few hours while they take a look at your brakes? A 10% discount is involved, and you'd be the first model SS to have these on your truck. I'd go myself, unfortunately I live in Tallahassee FL. Like I said, far-fetched request but who knows...take it easy.

Chris