miles per gallon on a silverado SS

hipomos

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm consistently in the 13mpg - 14mpg if I can keep my foot out of it.

11 -12mpg if I get on it, which is most of the time! :D

Like someone else said before.... don't look at it in miles per gallon..... look at it in SMILES per gallon! Its a lot of fun to drive. :D:thumbs:

Higher fuel costs is just part of our cost of ownership and you are smart to cosider this before you buy. I'm sure people trade in thier trucks after reality sets in at a loss and wind up losing more money on the trade than what the extra fuel cost is in a year (In my opinion it's well worth the extra $$). I have certainly gone a lot slower with much worse mpg, I'm sure there are more than one example. My guess is realistically if you go 60 mi per day on average you should spend right around $75 per week. Good luck on your search for your new ride-

-Nick

• 2 weeks later...

14.3 MPG

No mods! mostly city driving...

I get better mileage with the SS than I did my '02 Z71, but I spend more a week on premium!

overall, I'd say it's worth it to me, but it may not be to you!

I just read in the owners manual that you can reset the avg economy. I was at 12.9 and it wasnt changing so i reset it and went on a trip (all highway) and i got 15.9 running about 72 miles per hr. all stock exp for mobil 1 and the tornado.

Archived