Turbo Or Supercharge?

I have an 03 SS 6.0L ive been looking into adding a decent amount of TQ/HP...I was gonna do a few minor mods like exhaust system, CAI, etc. but, I figure I should just tackle the big stuff first then fine tune the exhaust sound, headers, etc.

As i was doing research I heard they both have pro and cons. supercharger are directly onto the engine therefore no lag time but being that it is mounted directly to the engine can cause strain etc. Turbo has more boosting power but has lag time and is not directly mounted onto the engine etc....Hopefully I am understanding this correctly......Overall, this is my everyday vehicle but want some power when i need it.....which is safer? won't cause too much strain on the engine? long term performance? better??? Thanx!

i would recommend to you a magncharger or procharger, very good superchargers and a reliable and great for dd's, also it all depends on how much boost your going to run, there wont be much strain on the engine if your not running high boost, of course once you put fi to our trucks the tranny's seem to have troubles so you should go with a shit kit and vette servo to save your tranny but it is possible to go without a guy just posted the other day he went 5 yrs i belive without his tranny shitting out with a radix on it so you could take the chance and hope for luck.

my opinion..go with the minor mods first...headers, mufflers, CAI..160 stat..you want your truck to breath freely and cooler...you will like the power gains from long tube headers..magnaflow/flowmonsters...and definetly from a wheatley tune.. then go big..personally i like instant power, supercharger alll the way!! but nothin intimidates lil ricers at red lights than a turbo spoolin up but like the guy above me said...depends on boost.GOOD LUCK :D

AND A WHEATLEY TUNE!!!!

Edited by Jose's SS (see edit history)

it all depends on a few variable . driver , tune , and power level. with all three in good check it will last a while.

now for best kit all in one , i would say get a 1900 tvs , the radix is the older 112 eaton which is a good product and a is proven kit but the new style blower (1900 tvs ) is going to get you more bang for your buck on a stock 6.0 it will make more power more efficiently . it all depends on your goals and wallet.

it all depends on a few variable . driver , tune , and power level. with all three in good check it will last a while.

now for best kit all in one , i would say get a 1900 tvs , the radix is the older 112 eaton which is a good product and a is proven kit but the new style blower (1900 tvs ) is going to get you more bang for your buck on a stock 6.0 it will make more power more efficiently . it all depends on your goals and wallet.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product...?ProductID=4217

like i said in the pm you need to do more research before you can make a decision . and no your statment isnt correct on one taking out your motor , they both can take out a motor in a flash of a second if your not set up correctly .

trans mods depends on what kind of power you want and can range from a few hundred for a shift kit and servos to a fully built trans for 3-4 k.

if setup right a turbo setup has no lag what so ever. if setup wrong a Centrif blower has lag.

also remember this with any blower setup it puts stress on the thrust bearing since your applying pressure to the crank thru the crank pulley. That right there puts more stress on the motor then a turbo does. Any person can slap on a blower kit, a turbo kit has to be fabbed unless you buy a sellers kit

you can do a rear mount and be pretty cheap since you get to keep lmost of the parts you have now. With blower setup it costs you more money sine you have to upgrade the entire exhaust. centrif blower requires a decent size stall, a properly spec'd turbo can use stock stall

as for your tranny lasting that all depends on how you drive and power

you'll spend 5x more tuning a turbo than you would a bolt on radix or tvs. Plus you don't have to have as many supporting mods with a supercharger vs. turbo to make decent power.

Supercharger all the way and don't look back. You can call me if you want to discuss it further. Pm me for my #