Another "changes" Thread

SSplaytoy

Question

Granted, this site isn't what it used to be and drama sometimes deters people away from the site with other reasons to boot. I know the mods do their jobs "policing" threads and following forum rules, but more can be done. Josh, nothin against you bro, but if you cannot handle TOTM, can we elect some new people to take over some of those small, simple things? :dunno:

That's one of the features member's like on here and show interest in, but when nothing happens with it, it's disappointing and shows a lack of interest on the part. If the people running the site show a lack of interest to take care of the things going on, it transcends to other members. IMHO, this site would have a lot more support if it were a bit more lenient and updated some. There are a lot of good people on here and it sucks when they leave over BS. It's a personal choice on a member's behalf, but FWIW, it's still losing a friend on here and another person to share knowledge on these trucks.

Glad you're listening man. Not tryin to bust your balls on all the bs happening and the lack thereof.

A few other ideas possibly:

Add some new emoticons (people could submit ones to add to our existing ones)

Bring back shoutbox (if people think they may get offended by what's being said, have a warning before entry, and realize no one here has the intentions of demeaning or offending any of the other members. I think there should be a little more freedom of speech on here)

Said this one before, but change the layout slightly..different colors, maybe some other sections...just make it a bit more interesting. The site is kinda drab IMO. Looks and appeal can do a lot for a forum.

If anyone else has any say and interest in doing something about the site, please say it here.

Glad you're listening man. Not tryin to bust your balls on all the bs happening and the lack thereof.

A few other ideas possibly:

Add some new emoticons (people could submit ones to add to our existing ones)

Bring back shoutbox (if people think they may get offended by what's being said, have a warning before entry, and realize no one here has the intentions of demeaning or offending any of the other members. I think there should be a little more freedom of speech on here)

Said this one before, but change the layout slightly..different colors, maybe some other sections...just make it a bit more interesting. The site is kinda drab IMO. Looks and appeal can do a lot for a forum.

If anyone else has any say and interest in doing something about the site, please say it here.

Agreed. Some didnt like the shoutbox. SO STAY OUT OF IT. If someone was offended by some things said in it...STAY OUT OF IT. Post a warning before entry. If you think its gay, then so be it but STAY OUT OF IT

As for cosmetic changes, example :

http://www.quickstreettrucks.com/forum.php

Looks can appeal and can do a lot for a forum. LS1tech is always changing. I know theres 10x the traffic there than here, but it would make a difference.

How about some new staff additions to fill in the gaps that the current ACTIVE moderators cannot fill? In other words, how about some new moderators? And how about demoting the dead wood too(for lack of a better term)?

My suggestions:

-Option to locate members my city/state, if they so choose to display their location

-Defitinely more emotiocons (I know it's stupid, but sometimes you just need the right .gif to really make your point :D )

-Maybe a different color every month or so would spice things up, Idk. What about different skins? Can forums running off this engine even support something like skins?

Idk, that's all I have. I don't have much experience in forums like this, so I don't know what separates the good ones from the shitty ones.

I think the main thing is members being able to speak a little more of their mind and shoot the sh!t without getting warned and banned for it. I understand it's a truck forum, but bullshitting about other things in life should be okay too, even if it is opinionated

How about some new staff additions to fill in the gaps that the current ACTIVE moderators cannot fill? In other words, how about some new moderators? And how about demoting the dead wood too(for lack of a better term)?

I agree with Dan...I also agree they should bring back a shout box..On another forum they added it and posted a thread that if you wanted to see the shout box you had to post and the admin would add you..That way if you did not want to see what was said etc...you didn't have to see it

Maybe register to use it...screenname etc..

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)