D-max Lift Finished

04CHASE

ok got the 2008 3500 hd ltz dmax , now had to personalize it a bit . did some searching on used fs sections on diesel forums and craigslist . as well as a few shops i deal with for work to get some good deals.

parts ill be using

Fabtech 8" lift (new knuckle that bring in the track width 1.5 in on both sides)

atlas rear 7 rear springs (1 inch blocks)

bilstein 7100 dual front and dual rear shocks ( 8 total )

EXAXT steering kit

20x10 4.5 backspace i.c.c.e. wheels

37/13.5/20 toyo open country tires

next round i have a bit more

sound system

amp running boards

and maybe a grill

i brought the truck home from the dealer for some minor warranty work and started disassembling the suspension

took of the torsion bars , bracket , leaf springs , and front diff

got the rear end completely done and now i need to fab up the shock mounts to run the dual shocks , i am going to also fab a new cross member for top shock mounts , here is where i stopped today

the cool part is i will have under 5k into the entire lift/wheel/tire combo finding parts used and doing it myself with some help from a couple friends( caddypimpin is the man , as well as my friend from chevy and my bro n law)

2010-03-24185910.jpg

2010-03-24191037.jpg

here is the beefy steering going in as well

2010-03-24191119.jpg

i still cant beleive how burly this kit is .

the truck wont actually sit that high either , its about 3-4 inches higher than where it will sit .the leafs are completely loaded as the shackle still needs to move a bit . im hoping to work on it a bit tomorrow and finish up on friday to get the alignment done and relax for the weekend.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

that's going to be a very nice looking truck !

I would of went with a little bit bigger tire though- any binding/rubbing issues up front that you can see so far ?

My friend lifted his 07 dodge 8" with 38's and had issues with the front bumper at full turn.

i am waiting to see what the motor feels like , i may re gear it . as for the motor nothing quite yet , like these trucks and the SS once any power is added the trans needs to be built and with these heavy tires and wheels it will need some love .

some day ,

dpf delete 4 inch turbo back , ppe programming , ppe lift pump , mike l stg 4 trans with a suncoast verter .

for the stereo , it is already pretty well thought out , stock nav hu , one 500/1 jl amp , one tw5 13 shallow mount sub in a subthump box for under the rear seat . im going to use this pac loc for now and see how i like it but eventually id like to do two tw5's two 500/1's the cleansweep on the factory nav hu . and some nice high's , probably zapco amp possibly jl , and focal door speakers ( would love utopias ) but this single tw5 should be fine with what im after .

i also found a grill i love but the price is outrageous (will have to find one cheap on ebay or c-list, what do you guys think of this

54113.jpg

as for the tires rubbing , yes it may a little on the inside front fender but i have a plan of attack to trim it and still not see it , like i said it isnt going to sit this high at all , the tires will fit perfect , infact alot use 35's on this size lift . i almost went 22's with 37 but more tire looks better imo .

I was going to ask what style shocks you went with. I was going to say, don't play around and get Bilstein or Fox. Both expensive as hell but worth it.

For the grill I like the one you found but check out RBP grills. Again expensive but if you can find one used save you $$, get it black to match your wheels.

Looks sweet as hell man :cheers:

hey chase....instead of doing the jl stuff....honestly spend a lil more and have alot more

i would go with audison amps

hertz subs

hertz or focal front components

the hertz speaker/sub line is amazing....the mounting depth if so small its crazy....even the front mids only require liek 2 inches....

and questions lemme know

i wont get too custom with the interior its an ltz so its already very nice . as the rbp grill t rex and rbp are down the street from my work and t rex actually makes the grills for rbp , they just add the bro star which is not for me . the rbp is also over 2k which is just dumb . im already having a hard time with the cost of the one pictured above . im going to paint the entire front end minus the grill . smoke the tails and third , line x bed liner and i have the chrome handles going on as well . just want it nice nothing like the SS as far as mods go.