Which Supercharger To Pick

I have had my 04 ss for about a year and im ready to start getting serious. ive been looking at putting a supercharger on but not sure on which one to go with. if i could get some feedback on which is better the magnacharger or procharger. thanks guys.

pretty much depending on which style you go with and how much boost your running, the most common one would be a magnacharger/radix, dont get me wrong the procharger is as good but more have gone the other route.

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

you best bet would prob be on this site. or craiglist something like that, look in the for sale section on here and pm guys to see if they still have them. if you can afford new thats your best bet cus you know wat your getting something reliable that will hold up on your truck as long as you want

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

This outta help....

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13056

Just an idea.....Chevy dealerships are normally certified dealers for Porcharger Superchargers..... Speaking for myself, if i'm investing 5-6 grand in something, I want it installed by a professional/qualified mechanic, and I want it under warranty. I know dealerships or "stealerships" are expensive but why not pay to have them do the proper install etc and covered under warranty, that way when something does go wrong or you have questions etc up you can take it right back and let them deal with it. Afterall, these guys work on these kinda chevy vehicles daily, they know what they are talking about.....

• 1 month later...

This outta help....

http://www.Silverado...showtopic=13056

Just an idea.....Chevy dealerships are normally certified dealers for Porcharger Superchargers..... Speaking for myself, if i'm investing 5-6 grand in something, I want it installed by a professional/qualified mechanic, and I want it under warranty. I know dealerships or "stealerships" are expensive but why not pay to have them do the proper install etc and covered under warranty, that way when something does go wrong or you have questions etc up you can take it right back and let them deal with it. Afterall, these guys work on these kinda chevy vehicles daily, they know what they are talking about.....

Just to update that a bit. There are very few if any Chevy dealerships that are procharger "dealers" Infact if you contact procharger they can tell you of just a very few in the country that are. Truth be told to your comment. 99% of GM tech's only know the GM platform when you add a bolt on power adder to them they are going to go back to their GM knowledge. The place you will find real good tech's and people who know about a procharger or any aftermarket platform is from someone who actually focuses on that product. As far as Warranty goes. NO gm dealers cover aftermarket modifications though the GM warranty. I don't care what any sales person tells you. There is fine print in the contract. There is a Dealer in Las Vegas now that sells procharger that is claiming he covers them. GM does not. The Dealer assumes 100% liability on the item. That means if you break it and you have it in writing the dealer you had install it should fix it. If you break down 3 states from home the dealer that you tow it to may tell you that your crazy. If you plan on going to a dealer to get an install then be certain you get your warranty in writing 100% guarantee.

If you have any questions regarding that you can feel free to ask and or Email GM they will reply back with a response to you.

i have a procharger and love it, i got my kit used about a year ago and have not had any problems. just make sure you buy from a reputable seller cause to get one rebuilt is over 1k from what i hear . you'll see them for sell on performancetrucks.net every now and then and keep your eyes open here.

I got my Radix used and it hasn't missed a beat, took a friend and I an afternoon to put it on. I paid about a third of what it costs brand new. Check the forums, they pop up used all the time. If you want it for a DD, hard to beat a Radix, but for the track, a Procharger and a converter are going to be hard to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

Picking a supercharger is alot like picking a camshaft.

What are your abilities to work on your own vehicle?

What all do you use your truck for?

What are your performance goals with the truck?

What are your current mods?

What other than the blower are you considering for mods?