New Bov Installed... Prochargers Proflo!

idahoBLKss

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats the same valve i got but i ordered a aluminium flange for mine so i could weld it to my aluminum piping . cog = no slippage not really necessary for the boost levels im running or the blower im running . its more for the bigger blowers and higher boost levels.

How come it sounds so much different than the BOV on turbo kits? Its like a longer timed release of the extra air in the pipes, compared to a turbo where its real quick??? Isnt it better to have it all blow out at once to prevent compressor surge? I guess its a whole different deal when the compressor is driven by a belt instead of exhaust

How come it sounds so much different than the BOV on turbo kits? Its like a longer timed release of the extra air in the pipes, compared to a turbo where its real quick??? Isnt it better to have it all blow out at once to prevent compressor surge? I guess its a whole different deal when the compressor is driven by a belt instead of exhaust

well when u have a turbo , as soon as you get your foot out of the gas there is no more exhaust "well very little" there for the turbo stops spinning on a super charger its spinning as long as your belt is spinning and it takes a second for the belt to slow down thats why you hear the air come out for a couple seconds. even at idol the air is coming out of the valve at a rapid pace.

that would be the best way that i could explain it, if somebody else wants to jump in to explain this be my guest.

you'll find Psc1 more than Dsc1.

Local a guy has a corvette procharger and he want $3k, bet you could get it for less.

Revolutonaryraceworks (Frank) sells them new and I believe he is a dealer. I think he is in vegas, but very cool and can set you up.

well when u have a turbo , as soon as you get your foot out of the gas there is no more exhaust "well very little" there for the turbo stops spinning on a super charger its spinning as long as your belt is spinning and it takes a second for the belt to slow down thats why you hear the air come out for a couple seconds. even at idol the air is coming out of the valve at a rapid pace.

that would be the best way that i could explain it, if somebody else wants to jump in to explain this be my guest.

yeah, that makes sense