Seats

has anybody put aftermarket seats in their truck or know of anybody that has done so. i am looking to turn my interior from gray to black and have been searching for seats and brackets. i've found seats but no brackets. i've found a black interior carpet kit. so thats covered. i want to put racing style seats in but ones that still allow the back to adjust up and down. and want to put racing seats in the back and get rid of my bench seat.

has anybody put aftermarket seats in their truck or know of anybody that has done so. i am looking to turn my interior from gray to black and have been searching for seats and brackets. i've found seats but no brackets. i've found a black interior carpet kit. so thats covered. i want to put racing style seats in but ones that still allow the back to adjust up and down. and want to put racing seats in the back and get rid of my bench seat.

I think we discussed this a long ways back b/c the original SS concept had racing seats front and rear, but the cab was also substantially longer with the unibody construction I believe. To put a full sized bucket seat in the back you're gonna basically lose all the leg room or the seats are going to be so upright that it would be uncomfortable for passengers.

Good luck figuring something out either way, hope you can find a way to make it work.

ss_int.jpg

sst.jpg

i want a setup like this. :D but whats in the middle in the back? kinda hard to tell but nothing im guessing? or a ball? lol. i dk. is it at all possible to get this setup in my truck?

I think we discussed this a long ways back b/c the original SS concept had racing seats front and rear, but the cab was also substantially longer with the unibody construction I believe. To put a full sized bucket seat in the back you're gonna basically lose all the leg room or the seats are going to be so upright that it would be uncomfortable for passengers.

Good luck figuring something out either way, hope you can find a way to make it work.

ss_int.jpg

sst.jpg

• 6 months later...

not sure if this can be considered "on topic" but ive been thinking about taking out my rear bench seat and cutting the middle out of it and re-padding/re-wraping the the two sides that way i can put a custom console in the middle with a single 12" sub in it... ill also have custom boxes under either side with a 10" sub each!!! my amps will be mounted on either side of the hump in the middle close to the front console on a custom carpeted platform. im going to leave the seat back the same as it is just cutting and modifying the "seat" part. its going to take some welding and some custom bracketry and hinges but overall the concept of the project is very easy. this will not happen for at least another year though unfortunately. if i dont do the audio like that ill build a custom console to house a gaming system of choice (probably a xbox 360) and with a couple cup holders a couple 12v aux plugs, a 2500w power inverter with 2 120v outlets in the back seating area and one in the bed of the truck for running power tools when im doing the whole weekend warrior thing around town working on odd construction jobs!!! big dreams but you all will see it come to life in due time!!! this idea is patented until i do it.... then yall can if ya want!!!:pepsicheer: