Not Bad For A 5.3 Right?

gafool

ok well i took my evil monkey to the atlanta drag track and just having the volant cai i dont think these are bad times? right? lol i did floor it i should have hit it around 20 or 30 mph, but...

r/t .837 first time

r/t .534 second time

1/8 10.69 first time

1/8 10.78 second time

1/4 16.44 first time

1/4 16.56 second time

ok i know i wasnt asleep at the tree! lol first time tailgate was down second time the guy closed it! but im guessing cause i floored it wasnt a good thing?

my speed was about 85 both times. well hoping the wheatley tune and some pacesetter lts will wake it up its a 5.3, but i had a fun time! looking forward to going back after the other toys are put on. ok any other suggestions besides an engine swap which id like to drop a 350 in it. maybe how to get down the track faster?

well looking around at gm performance seems the 350 is just as much as an ls1? but that will be much later, right now ill just add the pacesetter long tubs and a wheatley tune im looking at summit racing theres a store here in ga so i can order and go pick it up, an the ones im looking at r the coated

well looking around at gm performance seems the 350 is just as much as an ls1? but that will be much later, right now ill just add the pacesetter long tubs and a wheatley tune im looking at summit racing theres a store here in ga so i can order and go pick it up, an the ones im looking at r the coated

you can make that 5.3l run good. Best bang for your buck is going to be a tune, full exhaust, and a nice stall converter. Is it a ex. cab or single cab?

• 3 weeks later...

ok well i took my evil monkey to the atlanta drag track and just having the volant cai i dont think these are bad times? right? lol i did floor it i should have hit it around 20 or 30 mph, but...

r/t .837 first time

r/t .534 second time

1/8 10.69 first time

1/8 10.78 second time

1/4 16.44 first time

1/4 16.56 second time

ok i know i wasnt asleep at the tree! lol first time tailgate was down second time the guy closed it! but im guessing cause i floored it wasnt a good thing?

my speed was about 85 both times. well hoping the wheatley tune and some pacesetter lts will wake it up its a 5.3, but i had a fun time! looking forward to going back after the other toys are put on. ok any other suggestions besides an engine swap which id like to drop a 350 in it. maybe how to get down the track faster?

4wd?

• 1 month later...

my 4.8 when i ran it a long time ago, last year. ran a 15.5 and the 4.8 had a 6L cam, lts/ory, stock cold air intake, envoy torque converter, didnt have my efans put in yet, had a vette servo, tune, and 456s w/g80. I have a 5.3 with a z06/ls6 cam and springs now, with ls1 efans, k&n cai, lts/ory, tune, 456s w/80, vette servo, an underdrie pulley, with envoy converter. i have yet to run it at the track as i need to, i plan now on putting a bigger cam, a tr220 with comp cams revised springs and hardened pushrods with a 3000 or 3200 stall, and im taking out the 456s and putting some 373s

• 9 months later...

r/t .837 first time

r/t .534 second time

1/8 10.69 first time

1/8 10.78 second time

1/4 16.44 first time

1/4 16.56 second time

ok well after my lpp headers, no cats, exhaust dumped, efi tune, i went back tonight and best 1/4 time was 15.39 at 92.42 mph other passes went up and down but stayed around 92 mph. had fun! looking forward to putting in the convertor and cam and doing it again, lol still had my tow hitch and spare tirebanghead.gif taking it off tommorow and mabye go back next friday and see what happens!

Depending on the converter you go with you'll pick up .3 to .5 or so. Unfortunatly with a converter you'll have to be doing everything right to get it to hook. You'll need a halfway decent tire with the right pressure and a proper burnout.

• 3 weeks later...