What Yall Think About This Cam?

i guess its just me but i wouldn't touch that cam. Not only would it not meet my performance goals(maybe it meets yours) but if am reading that right its done on a pattern machine......which is so old in my trade it was before my time. It would seem as though this guy is buying one performance cam and then using a pattern grinder to "copy" the lobe design, which is pretty low. And it does not say he using new blanks for this cam, just that they are not welded. So i wonder where is he getting his blanks from, are they new or from another motor with a large enough lobe to grind a .588 lift on. If the blank is used, i wonder what motor it came from and if the lobes are hardened for roller lifters.

Don't get me wrong used cams are fine but i would want to know that when the blank was made it was made to go into an ls motor. and i want the cam from the source of the info, not a guy reading the cliffnotes.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I agree with Shadow here. Cams are so inexpensive relatively speaking, its best to go to a big name. Little known fact is that Comp Cams often makes other "brands" such as SLP.

Comp cams grinds a lot of performace shops cams too...Texas Speed to name one.