Cheap Headers Dayummmmmm!

blackbeast ss

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, how bad ya'll think its gonna be to get those manifold bolts off? LoL...on 65,000 miles on it. I'll spray the crap out of them with some PB.

Shouldnt be bad with 65k. Mine has 138k on it. I soaked mine twice a day for two weeks and still ran into sh!t. But thats my luck when doing something for myself.

Good to hear...see if I can talk the wife into letting me make the truck a little louder. Should bolt right up to the Corsa Sport also correct? I am not good at modding

Depends on how your exhaust is set up now. Im guessing your truck had duals into single muffler, duals out into a Y into a single tail pipe. If your corsa is set up this way it will not bolt up. This kit is for a 4.8/5.3 truck that has a Y after the converters. My exhuast guy cut the Y were it merges and made a full dual system out of it and redone the pipes so that they exit in front of the rear tire. Also made me a set of cutouts all for $120.

Do they come with everything needed to do the install? Are those cats they come with?

Fake cats. Comes with gaskets but use oem ones. Dose not includ an EGR block off plate if your truck is not equipped with one. Does have gaskets for it.

Edited by sierra ss (see edit history)

Fake cats. Comes with gaskets but use oem ones. Dose not includ an EGR block off plate if your truck is not equipped with one. Does have gaskets for it.

So there just gutted? What kind of high flow cats should i use to pass smog or would I just be able to use my stock cats if i move them

So there just gutted? What kind of high flow cats should i use to pass smog or would I just be able to use my stock cats if i move them

Hollow. They will pass a visual and should pass with a good tuner depending on local laws.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed these headers, didnt break any bolts in the block thank God. With 115k on the clock i was worried, but PB Blaster did the trick. Got some boot sleeves for the plug wires and were ready to rock.. Install went smoothly, sawzall came in very handy and they fit perfect.

so these will fit on a 2003 ss with corsa catback or not? thanks

They will but the Y-pipe they come with will have to be cut like mine was.

do theses work with stock exhaust systems?

No they come with a Y-pipe for a 4.8/5.3 truck.