Sheryl'S New Build

8 UR HMI

ok well i wont have pics for a while because i wont b able to actually start on her til i finish this semester and get home for a week or so.

so this is whats going to happen. right now i have my cam, lts, tranny built, etc...

after finally talking to some members and planning stuff out, i have decided for a little more muscle for my truck as well (cough couch).

first plans,

1. hangers added to my shackles

2. spindles up front to make it a nice 3/4 drop (gonna keep away from the rake so torsion bars are staying lower)

3. tcs 3000 stall from a fellow member :ninja:

4. new heads from texas speed.

http://texas-speed.c...mid=84&catid=40

talked to the guy for a while about goals for the truck and how i will use it and he said for the price/ flow ratio these are the best thing for me. i dont wanna go all out with trick flows or DART's so i picked these. they flow just as good as some of the patriot stage III's and as some of the other 227cc heads.

5. custom grind 228/230 588/592 112 (maybe 110 icl) but probably just 112lsa.

i already have my PRC 320 double springs and hardend push rods, seats, reatainers, seals, etc...

6. ls7 lifters because cts-v lifters are too pricy for what im trying to do. im also gonna do a new set of factory rockers to go along with it.

7. tranny cooler as well. tru cool max will go on when the torque converter goes in

8. head gasket kit from texas speed as well as all the new bolts and such.

and i need to talk to wheatley about a retune mail order until i can drive back down to houston and have him live tune it.

im thinking with the numbers im at and what these are gonna do with the new cam and such, ill be right around 430ish to the wheels give or take 5 either way (unless im WAAAAAAY off) which i dont think i am.

plan to start in about a month with hangers and spindles first, then when "this member sends me the torque converter" lol ill put that on with the tru cool max, and add the heads and cam.

im hoping with the heads off of the motor and on the work bench, i will be able to take and install my springs to the new heads much easier than having to use a compressor and putting the pistons at top dead center.

any advice as i go along or any help would be great.

ill be collecting parts very soon. total cost for this project will be roughly $1700 for all the engine mods minus the tranny cooler and torque converter. everything else will come as i can do it.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck on this build man. Glad you're gonna keep the truck too Bob.

I would recommend a live tune instead of mail order if you can though once it's all done.

no what im saying is i have my live tune right now, im gonna get a mail order from him when i put everything on for like 3-4 days until i can drive to houston and get a live tune from him.

" i have decided for a little more muscle for my truck as well (cough cough)."

your gonna love the added horsepower......can't keep my foot out of it. Good luck on your build.

haha. i was waiting for you to chime in lol. yea im gonna get the heads as soon as i can afford them, then get the cam and all the other parts, then the tq verter, and then throw everything in all at the same time..

new update!!! hangers are on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still waiting conformation about spindles.

You may wanna get that converter restalled... That cam will like a 3600 alot better imo....

:nono: daily driver. dont need a 3600. my truck right now has a 218/224 563 581 113 lsa on a FACTORY STALL and no problems. im not trying to race this thing. thats what everyone does not understand. im probably gonna get it restalled to a 3200 but no more. even the guy at texas speed said 3400+ is not necessary and a 3000 or 3200 will be just fine. 228r does not require more than 3000. ive actually seen many ppl on other forums running a 2800 with the 228r.

hell if its gonna run like shit when i put the 3200 in there maybe ill restall it but its a daily driver and im not trying to go all out.

228r does not require more than 3000.

Might not "require" it sure, it will run and drive. But if your not gonna be able to run in the cams power band and get the most out of THAT cam, why have it?? confused.gif Also isnt the point of doing heads, cam, converter is to go fast?? Therefore if your not going to race it, why go through all this work and money??

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

:withstupid:

cause i want to have the fastest stock block DAILY DRIVER n/a sss. and still be able to actually use it as a daily driver. the power band on that cam os 1600-6300..... 3000 will be well into the powerbadn

cause i want to have the fastest stock block DAILY DRIVER n/a sss. and still be able to actually use it as a daily driver. the power band on that cam os 1600-6300..... 3000 will be well into the powerbadn

the chances of that happening are very slim, with that setup and that low of a TC. A high quality TC will drive almost like stock and still have a high stall, except under higher than average load and reverse. My 3200 PI drives like stock as long as I don't hammer it out of the hole, but when I do, its there.

BUT then again you do live in Texas, and Texas defies the laws of physics biggrinjester.gif

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

Good luck on the new build. However you are trying to build two totally different trucks in one. A daily driver and the fastest N/A SSS. As far as having 430 HP to all 4 wheels is highly doubtful, but can probably be done if you run it on the dyno with the front shaft pulled in 2WD. What compression are you planning on running? Keeping stock manifold and TB?

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)