Sheryl'S New Build

8 UR HMI

cause i want to have the fastest stock block DAILY DRIVER n/a sss. and still be able to actually use it as a daily driver. the power band on that cam os 1600-6300..... 3000 will be well into the powerbadn

argue if you must rolleyes.gif In a 3,000 lb car, sure you MIGHT get away with it. But in a 6,000 lb truck you have to get in the sweet spot to get it moving. And 3,000rpm isnt it

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh.... reading things like this make me wonder why I truely still come on this site. From insults to stupid comments about someones geographical location to arguing the un-arguable. Bob your formula is not adding up to the goal posted. The goal of being the fastest N/A DD SS does not exist. To the guys that aren't from TX why make a comment like that? Didn't this happen before, and it turned into a huge pissing match?

Bob, for the longest time your truck would not run worth a damn. You get it fixed and now want to go back into it to cause more tuning and drivability issues. Why do you want to continue to add another headache for all of us that you call asking questions about why your truck isn't running right?

brings to mind a good saying. You can't leave well enough alone. This isn't an insult. This is fact because I have seen you do it multiple times over the last 2+ years.

cause i want to have the fastest stock block DAILY DRIVER n/a sss. and still be able to actually use it as a daily driver. the power band on that cam os 1600-6300..... 3000 will be well into the powerbadn

Mine used to be my daily driver, untill i got sick of the gas bill. And it wasn't my converter or mods that made me sick of the gas bill, its just a truck. I BEAT my nissan and get 20 MPG so now the truck sits in the garage. Don't let the converter issue fool you, a 4000 stall can be your daily driver, if i didn't have the money to buy the nissan the truck would be on the street every day. Joes truck is running a 3200-3400 flash and his truck could be an easy daily driver as well.

We are not coming at you, and in fact we all wish you the best of luck, but your going down the same road the rest of use have already been down, and there is a brick wall at the end of it. It doesn't matter what you want this truck to be, you need to match your converter to the cam for the best 60 foot time. If your 60 foot is lacking a lot of times your top end will not make up for it.

Listen to the guys here, 2bfast, Art and danny are trying to help.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Mine used to be my daily driver, untill i got sick of the gas bill. And it wasn't my converter or mods that made me sick of the gas bill, its just a truck. I BEAT my nissan and get 20 MPG so now the truck sits in the garage. Don't let the converter issue fool you, a 4000 stall can be your daily driver, if i didn't have the money to buy the nissan the truck would be on the street every day. Joes truck is running a 3200-3400 flash and his truck could be an easy daily driver as well.

We are not coming at you, and in fact we all wish you the best of luck, but your going down the same road the rest of use have already been down, and there is a brick wall at the end of it. It doesn't matter what you want this truck to be, you need to match your converter to the cam for the best 60 foot time. If your 60 foot is lacking a lot of times your top end will not make up for it.

Listen to the guys here, 2bfast, Art and danny are trying to help.

Brad

After all, it is your truck Bob. Just dont post up with your disapointment dry.gif

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Good luck on the new build. However you are trying to build two totally different trucks in one. A daily driver and the fastest N/A SSS. As far as having 430 HP to all 4 wheels is highly doubtful, but can probably be done if you run it on the dyno with the front shaft pulled in 2WD. What compression are you planning on running? Keeping stock manifold and TB?

at this moment yes, but not sure. i put down 386 and 411 with the front shaft pulled like 2 months ago so with the heads and bigger cam i think 430 is reasonable.

whatever.. sick of this ****ing site. tired of bullshit and people wanting people to fail. if you look, there are not STOCK BLOCK sss. n/a DD's running a flat 13. maybe i will run that, maybe i wont but im sick of people saying oh ur not going to come close to that. how about the fact that im doing all of my own work in college and without a lot of tools and help. i will be working 70 hours a week, taking 15 hours of school, a gf and a dog. i dont wanna rebuild a motor due to down time. im gonna rebuild the entire top end which is what this is and driving it with power and still be able to take it to the track and have fun.

screw this, im out!!!! peace fvckers!!!

ps, dan i understand and ill call u later

whatever.. sick of this ****ing site. tired of bullshit and people wanting people to fail. if you look, there are not STOCK BLOCK sss. n/a DD's running a flat 13. maybe i will run that, maybe i wont but im sick of people saying oh ur not going to come close to that. how about the fact that im doing all of my own work in college and without a lot of tools and help. i will be working 70 hours a week, taking 15 hours of school, a gf and a dog. i dont wanna rebuild a motor due to down time. im gonna rebuild the entire top end which is what this is and driving it with power and still be able to take it to the track and have fun.

K, theres your problem. If you would read what we are posting as ADVICE rather than taking it as critisizm you might have a pretty damn good running truck. And how about the fact your doing all your own work in college, no tools and help, working 70 hours a week, taking 15 hours of school, a gf, and a dog. Yet when we've done these things before and know what will work and what wont, we're trying to HELP so you dont fail and have to deal with that and all the other things you have going on. If you want to be hard headed and bash everyone posting in here, cool. Again, just dont post why your truck isnt what you thought it would be. dunno.gif

By the way, your not the only one on this site with a full schedule in their lives and still make time to mod their trucks. Iv done what your doing in college and then some. And my life after college is even worse when it comes to free time. So dont come at me with that. But I took/take advice from others. Thats the whole point of this site to help others and in my opinion most everyone does a pretty good job. Specially the ones that have responded in this thread.

By the way, your not the only one on this site with a full schedule in their lives and still make time to mod their trucks. Iv done what your doing in college and then some. And my life after college is even worse when it comes to free time. So dont come at me with that. But I took/take advice from others. Thats the whole point of this site to help others and in my opinion most everyone does a pretty good job. Specially the ones that have responded in this thread.

Amen Brother!

Bob, Please do not call me with anything truck related. I don't have the time ot the patience to deal with it. I lurk around here for a few reasons one of them is not so I can advise people on what to do. I have helped you a lot on your truck, but all good things come to an end at some point.

Thread DE-RAILED

Derail_1.jpg

but on a serious note. 80% of the threads you start are asking advice Bob, its not polite to bite the hand that feeds. Calm down, re-read the posts, and take the advice to heart. It will save you money in the long run. Perhaps a 500 dollar DD is in the works until you can finish the truck, then sell it and make your money back....

i think its funny that on one hand you creat a "class", i.e. the fastest stock block DD with a left handed driver with a adnormanlly big nose, then you say ur not going to race it. wtf is the point in spending this money you dont have anyway?

bob grow the eff up man you big cry baby. every one on here was trying to help you/ give you advice all from guy that know what it takes to be fast. and you blow off the handle at them like you know what fast is already. You need to learn to roll with the punches and deal with people better or you will never succeed in anything, because u wil constantly be throwing you hands in the air saying " **** this site/ **** the world" :rolleyes:

lemme give you the best advice for someone like you SELL ur truck and buy a stock honda civic.