Violated/Stolen Trucks

Ed_Lethal

I been reading/hearing about a lot of Silverado SuperSports being stolen scrapped for parts thn ditched somewhere,and being keyed while the owner is working or out shopping a lot of you guys have been posting about your trucks being stolen or violated i just read a post about somebodys exaust tips being stolen in the middle of the night i know a few of you recently had your trucks stolen and are driving new trucks V-Max,another SS. Thats total bullshit to have your truck stolen while you are working hard to pay bills feed your familys and pay for the exact truck thats right outside from your job and being broken into by some F*cken A**hole whole makes there living stealing and destroying other people's property that they work there ass off to pay for! Not to mention the stupid f*cken youngsters running around keying vehicles jealous bastards!

From the sound of it the Silverado SS might be the new vehicle to top the list of most stolen I thought that was Honda/Acura's job??

IM F*cken PISSED NOW!!!

post-16455-127137865492_thumb.jpg

Im sorry to all of you out there who recently or has had there SS stolen/violated hope you gotten everything together...

Just thought id let everybody know how i felt and post this! I need a beer.

yeah. it is getting pretty bad around here. im really thinking about putting a switch in my truck. that makes it so it wont start until turned on. i know we shouldnt have to do this but it would give me a piece of mind. knowing it would be alot more difficult to steal. there would be a very limited amount of people that would know where the switch would be.

yeah. it is getting pretty bad around here. im really thinking about putting a switch in my truck. that makes it so it wont start until turned on. i know we shouldnt have to do this but it would give me a piece of mind. knowing it would be alot more difficult to steal. there would be a very limited amount of people that would know where the switch would be.

The sad thing is that even a cutoff switch will not stop them from getting it if they want it bad enough. All they have to do it drag it up on a roll back and drive off with it. :nonod::mad:

The sad thing is that even a cutoff switch will not stop them from getting it if they want it bad enough. All they have to do it drag it up on a roll back and drive off with it. :nonod::mad:

very true. but it seems most of the time that they are being driven away. i will be installing this switch and a very nice alarm system soon . the modding is getting pretty deep on my truck. so id be pissed if it was gone one day.

If they want it, they will take it. I will always have someone waiting in my truck with a weapon of sorts, or I will not drive it if it has to be left alone. Only way I feel comfortable is if I get my shock alarm together.

just remove the fuel relay under the hood when you park it. That's what I used to do (until I sold my truck).

Not many thieves carry around spare fuel pump relays, lol.

I used to do the same and pull the starter relay too when I went to MDC a few times. If they are smart thieves, they won't need a relay though. Jumping wires will still get it going.

Another reason why I like living in ND. Not saying it couldn't happen, but the chances are less likely.

And yes, I feel your frustration and for those who's truck's have been stolen. I would feel totally violated..

I've seen you post this before. It is highly unlikely a tow truck would be used to steal your truck. While it is certainly possible, and does happen, it is very rare compared to someone just walking up and hotwiring your ride. Tow trucks are big and loud, they attract attention, and are expensive to obtain.

Putting ina killswitch or otherwise disabling your vehicle will make it nearly impossible to steal your vehicle. Time is a thiefs enemy. The more time it takes him to get his target started, the more time there is for him to be discovered. If he has to try and search for a kill switch, or reconnect the battery, or find out if a fuse has been removed, it all draws out the process and frsutrates the thief. In most cases he will give up after a minute or two and move on to the next chevy truck, as there are millions out there and most unsecured beyond a locked door.

IN conclusion, yes, if they want it, they will get it, but most of the time they will not 'spare no expense' to get your truck, when they are probably 10 more chevys parked on the enxt street that can be had in 45 seconds.

I used to do the same and pull the starter relay too when I went to MDC a few times. If they are smart thieves, they won't need a relay though. Jumping wires will still get it going.

If there is no power to the fuel pump they won't be going anywhere.

yea this is gettin bad...... but thank god ill be putting my truck in the garage while im deployed for 4 months and have 2 of my other roommates watch/ start it every couple of weeks so the batt doesnt die. when i get back im getting the Viper 5902

it sucks getting your truck stolen. Believe me i wish i didnt know about that. There're not getting my other one. If they try, I'll feel real bad about who eversat in the front seats. They wont go far.

I read a story a while back about a professional car thief who stole some guys Ferraris many times. Guy kept putting on more and more elaborate alarms and the thief kept stealing them anyways. Kind of got to be a game between them. The thief said that the best thing to stop him was to put the vehicle in a locked garage. He said that is the #1 defense against most thieves. Kind of odd that he'd steal cars all the time but wouldn't break and enter.

The thief said that the best thing to stop him was to put the vehicle in a locked garage. He said that is the #1 defense against most thieves. Kind of odd that he'd steal cars all the time but wouldn't break and enter.

Im guessing he is afraid of infra-red security cameras, guns and attack dogs.