Need To Reroute The Tranny Lines

I am in need of moving my transmission lines at external cooler itself. I am in the middle of putting in a new intercooler and it will be just under the radiator core support. The lines drop straight down in front of the core support and it is in the way! I am wondering on what would be the best way to move the lines? I can pull the lines all the way off and take them to a hydraulic shop and have them braze new fitting and make new lines for me. Or can I use a double flaring tool and get some compression fittings and and just cut both ends of the hard lines and make my own lines? Any ideas is helpful.

you dont have to relocate them. danny (sprayed99) and i cut the cross bar and bent the 2 hooks down to get the intercooler in. we moved the tranny cooler back about 2 an inch and a half and cut part of the cross bar to get the new brackets in. this is what it looked like b4 it was bolted down

IMG_0324-1.jpg

and this is what it looked like mounted.

photo-1-1.jpg

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

you dont have to relocate them. danny (sprayed99) and i cut the cross bar and bent the 2 hooks down to get the intercooler in. we moved the tranny cooler back about 2 an inch and a half and cut part of the cross bar to get the new brackets in. this is what it looked like b4 it was bolted down

well I did mine a little diffrent than you did. I am trying to put the i/c in the front bumper. Doesn't look as good as yours. But it will have to do. I will post a pic when I get home.

well im running flexible tranny lines. i changed the fitting in the tranny. the two hoses that go to the tranny are held in with E clips. if you remove the lines off the tranny you can unthread the fittings that are in the tranny case. then you can get -AN fitting to go in there that have barb fittings on the ends. then get your self some press lock hose and -AN fittings and go from there, trust me once you have that press lock on it will never come off . i have been running this set up for years. you can go to any performance shop and get what you need. the press lock line is good for over 400PSI. it really worked well for me. if you have a jags or summit book it will be in there look under hoses.

well im running flexible tranny lines. i changed the fitting in the tranny. the two hoses that go to the tranny are held in with E clips. if you remove the lines off the tranny you can unthread the fittings that are in the tranny case. then you can get -AN fitting to go in there that have barb fittings on the ends. then get your self some press lock hose and -AN fittings and go from there, trust me once you have that press lock on it will never come off . i have been running this set up for years. you can go to any performance shop and get what you need. the press lock line is good for over 400PSI. it really worked well for me. if you have a jags or summit book it will be in there look under hoses.

That might be the route that I go. I was really hoping to just change the ends of the hoses closest to the trans cooler, but I will take what I can get. Here is where it needs to be moved from.

5wk1fr.jpg

I thought that I had notched the radiator support enough to get the lines out of the way, and it ends up that they are still in the way. I am hoping to just run diffrent lines straight across to the pass. side of the core support and go around the radiator that way.

here what i ran into when just cutting lines. every time i would jump on the throttle hard i would loose a line. i kept putting the lines back on but they would always blow off. i ended up wasting tons of money on fresh trans fluid . i think i had about $120 in my line set up. if you want me to get a price quote let me know. hell i can round up everything you need and ship it to you for whatever the cost would be. just let me know.