Silverado SS standard cab

mike02HD

:chevy: We all know that the high-lux/big-bux Silverado SS is now for sale, but shouldn't there be an alternative for those who would salvage comfort for performance? Debuted at the SEMA show, a black SS with a 395hp 6.0 and a 6 speed Hurst shifter and chrome 20 inch rims stirred up come questions. Do you think Chevy will produce a regular cab SS? We f****n' hope so! :chevy:

:chevy: We all know that the high-lux/big-bux Silverado SS is now for sale, but shouldn't there be an alternative for those who would salvage comfort for performance? Debuted at the SEMA show, a black SS with a 395hp 6.0 and a 6 speed Hurst shifter and chrome 20 inch rims stirred up come questions. Do you think Chevy will produce a regular cab SS? We f****n' hope so! :chevy:

Don't hold your breath for a Regular Cab SS. They are building 2004 Pilots and the SS is an extended cab. Sorry... :cry:

What is the 2004 pilot?

What do you mean Bob? What is a pilot job? Or what is this particular SS? A pilot job is when the Assembly Plant gets early material and builds a limited amount of jobs to identifiy any build issues. This particular SS is black extended cab, w/OnStar, up level radio, up level heater system, up level outer mirrors.

:thumbs:

:cheers:

What is the 2004 pilot?

What do you mean Bob? What is a pilot job? Or what is this particular SS? A pilot job is when the Assembly Plant gets early material and builds a limited amount of jobs to identifiy any build issues. This particular SS is black extended cab, w/OnStar, up level radio, up level heater system, up level outer mirrors.

I seen that Pilot 2004 Black SS out in the Quality Audit area, basically the same body panels and all, right?

What is the 2004 pilot?

I seen that Pilot 2004 Black SS out in the Quality Audit area, basically the same body panels and all, right?

Everything is the same.

:chevy: Hamur, how do you know this stuff about the future Silverado SS's? Do you have an inside scoop, if ya do i would sure-as-hell like to know!

I work for General Motors @ Oshawa Truck Assembly Centre. I worked on the line for 20 years and now work with the Planning Department of our Plant to make sure the Engineers haven't designed a part that we (operators) can't install. A lot times we have some input into what will go into the vehicle. Most times we are along for the ride unless it will hurt our people. We don't always like what happens to a vehicle through it's starting life cycle. They show you or promise something and then things change for whatever reason. It doesn't make us any happier than you as a customer. When I say we I am speaking for the operators on the line and the Plant as a whole. Lets face it, we are you and some of you on this site are us. We want to build a vehicle that is what everyone wants and that keeps us employed. Unfortunately we don't have that much to say about it. Hey, we still like the Silverado SS and are very proud of how it is built. Lets face it Oshawa builds a great truck and that is our people, our operators. They make this vehicle. Sorry to get on this rant but I am proud to be Oshawa Truck people. I am not even sure I answered your original question.

I see all the changes before the Plant, Press etc. You gotta question just ask..if I can answer I will. :smash:

:cheers::thumbs:

:chevy: Hamur, how do you know this stuff about the future Silverado SS's? Do you have an inside scoop, if ya do i would sure-as-hell like to know!

I work for General Motors @ Oshawa Truck Assembly Centre. I worked on the line for 20 years and now work with the Planning Department of our Plant to make sure the Engineers haven't designed a part that we (operators) can't install. A lot times we have some input into what will go into the vehicle. Most times we are along for the ride unless it will hurt our people. We don't always like what happens to a vehicle through it's starting life cycle. They show you or promise something and then things change for whatever reason. It doesn't make us any happier than you as a customer. When I say we I am speaking for the operators on the line and the Plant as a whole. Lets face it, we are you and some of you on this site are us. We want to build a vehicle that is what everyone wants and that keeps us employed. Unfortunately we don't have that much to say about it. Hey, we still like the Silverado SS and are very proud of how it is built. Lets face it Oshawa builds a great truck and that is our people, our operators. They make this vehicle. Sorry to get on this rant but I am proud to be Oshawa Truck people. I am not even sure I answered your original question.

I see all the changes before the Plant, Press etc. You gotta question just ask..if I can answer I will. :smash:

:cheers::thumbs:

Sorry people, got carried away there. There is a lot of good info in here. I don't know diddly about doing after-market work to a vehicle. I really enjoy reading your messages about NOS, tires, wheels etc. There are a lot of people that started this up that know more than I do and I just wanted to contribute... :chevy::jester:

Hamur,

I have read some where that there are driving lights on the SS. Can you confirm if this is true and if so where are they located?

Thanks,

Sorry people. Saw a few questions about where these driving/fog lights are but they don't exist and there are no plans to add them (that I know of anyway). They would go in the spot of the "brake cooling ducts" that aren't really "brake cooling ducts".

All I know. Does someone else know different? :confused:

:chevy: Hamur, gotta question for ya. It's about the upcoming Impala SS. Is it true there will be a V8 optional engine rather than the supercharged 3.8 V6? :chevy:

I may be able to answer that. The 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS will come with the 240 hp supercharged Series II V6, no optional V8. As rumour has it we will have to wait till 2006 for anything new involving V8's.

Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo to get V8s for 2006 model year

Work underway on new V8 replacement for Monte Carlo

Too bad they didn't get the 260 hp Series III V6 with the re-worked eaton supercharger found in the 2004 Grand Prix GTP for the Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS in 2004.

Archived