Alignment Issues With Belltech?

silverss05

Does anyone else with Belltech 2" drop spindles have issues with alignment? I have had my truck somewhat aligned twice in two years of having my drop. I have never ran into anything or anything like that. My truck still pulls left no matter the alignment shop. The last guy told me I have to crank the keys up inorder to even make room for adjustments in the alignment. I can't keep forking out hundreds of dollars for alignments.

Jason

if your tires are not directional and the alignment is ok cross rotate the front tires and see if the pull goes the other direction.

if it does the tires have a conicity problem. the easiest way to explain conicity is if you take a foam coffe cup and roll it on its side it

wont roll straight.

if your tires are not directional and the alignment is ok cross rotate the front tires and see if the pull goes the other direction.

if it does the tires have a conicity problem. the easiest way to explain conicity is if you take a foam coffe cup and roll it on its side it

wont roll straight.

Good point, but cant rule out the alignment either. I have the same spindles he does and mine is spot on. Some guys that dont want to take the time to compensate for what youv done wont do it but say they did. It happens, but again that might not be the problem and could still be in the tires.

wont roll straight.

Im running the Nitto 420's.

I have the same spindles and last year when I put the winter non directional tires back on I crossed them. (Right rear - Left front etc..) I had a pulling issue. I put them back to the same side and the problem when away. I agree that it could be tire related.

Hmm but isn't the Nitto 420's directional?

Only other issue I had with the belltech was that the camber was able to be set within spec but it was maxed out.

Im running the Nitto 420's.

ok summit says on their site nitto 420's aren't directional.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NIT-202060

the shop that aligned your truck should have given you a sheet that shows the alignment specifications on your truck.

i rember the cross caster on my 2003 rcsb was more than half a degree to compinsate for road crown.

the cross camber shouldn't be more than half a degree may cause a pull to the side with the most positive camber.

toe should be equal from side to side ie 0.0 left 0.0 right agin i don't remember the exact specs but most have a slight amout

of toe in to compinsate for when the vehicle starts moving the tire will be pushed back a little.

i hope this helps.

ok summit says on their site nitto 420's aren't directional.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NIT-202060

the shop that aligned your truck should have given you a sheet that shows the alignment specifications on your truck.

i rember the cross caster on my 2003 rcsb was more than half a degree to compinsate for road crown.

the cross camber shouldn't be more than half a degree may cause a pull to the side with the most positive camber.

toe should be equal from side to side ie 0.0 left 0.0 right agin i don't remember the exact specs but most have a slight amout

of toe in to compinsate for when the vehicle starts moving the tire will be pushed back a little.

i hope this helps.

Hi sorry for the late response, I have been out of town. I do have the alignment sheet that the shop gave me. Also when I rotated the tires I just went front to back not Left front to Right rear. I need to go find the print out of the alignment sheet so you guys can see the specs.

Jason